After School Hangout

"Ashley, you're late!" Erza shouted, scolding the girl as she entered the gym.

"Yeah, yeah." The blue haired girl rolled her eyes, not caring about being late or being scolded by Erza. She continued to walk through the gym nonchalantly when she spotted Laxus sitting on the bleachers. She redirected her route to approach him. "What are you doing here?" She asked with a small smirk.

"I'm here to watch the practice." Laxus replied, raising his eyebrow in suspicion.

"Don't you mean, you're here to watch Jasmine?" Ashley hummed.

Laxus clicked his tongue and growled, visibly annoyed with the girl standing in front of him. Though, she was probably right. Determined to show her that he couldn't care less, he crossed his arms over his chest and continued to look (more like glare) off to the left.

"Ashley, you're holding up practice!" Erza shouted from the court. "Go change!"

"Ashley, you're holding up practice." The blue haired girl mocked the team captain in a very child-like manner as she walked off toward the women's locker room.

As Ashley entered the locker room, Jasmine exited. The two grunted to each other in greeting upon seeing one another.

After several minutes, Ashley joined the rest of her team on the basketball court. Laxus watched from where he sat as he learned several different concepts and terms related to the sport:

3-pointer

Layup

Dunk

Rebound.

The blond was mostly fascinated by the high jumps that some of the girls did in order to slam the basketball into the hoop. Sure, in his world or reality, the girls here were wizards who could probably use magic to jump this high.

But the fact that these girls could jump so high without magic, astonished him.

Though, he wouldn't admit it (nor would he want to).

After about an hour the girls' basketball practice was over and the girls were packing up their things to take home. Jasmine had her duffle bag on her shoulder and was prepared to leave the gym when Laxus stood up, nice and tall, and followed behind her.

"So," She sighed after the two of them had left the school gym, "what did you think?" She turned her body around to face the tall blond male, stopping in her tracks.

"Oh, uh," Laxus was caught off guard, not expecting her to ask him any questions about his opinion specifically. "I thought it was . . interesting." He admitted, "I've never seen anything like it."

"You mean our play?" Jasmine replied with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah," Laxus said, rather quickly. This 'basketball' concept was not a thing back in Fiore, so he wasn't at all familiar with it or its terms. "Sure."

"Well, I'm glad you liked it anyways." She shrugged, not knowing where to go with the conversation. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," Laxus nodded his head slightly, ". . Tomorrow."

Jasmine turned around and began to walk away as Laxus stood still in his position. Maybe I should walk her home. He thought, liking the idea of being able to spend more time with her. He took one step forward before a black car came to a stop in front of the entrance of the school. The passenger side window rolled down to reveal Cobra as the driver. Jasmine, upon seeing her boyfriend, picked up her pace and got into the passenger seat.

Laxus watched the two lovebirds drive off, clenching his fists at his sides.

And Cobra caught a glimpse of the blond as he pressed his foot on the gas pedal.

The next morning, right before school was about to officially begin, Laxus, Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow met in the school's courtyard.

"So, are we making progress?" Bickslow asked with a grin.

"I have no clue." Laxus sighed, frustrated.

"Well, you're hanging out with her this afternoon, aren't you?" Evergreen asked.

"Yeah," The blond groaned in frustration, "but I have no idea what to do. I don't know what this Jasmine likes."

"I'm sure she's just like the Jasmine we know." Freed assured Laxus' worries.

"I barely knew what our Jasmine liked." Laxus grumbled. "I only started dating her toward the end of the Games."

"But you've been watching her since forever." Bickslow pointed out. The statement made Laxus' cheeks turn red instantly because, yes, it was true. He had secretly watched Jasmine throughout the years (whenever she was at the guild), but he had never actually spent time with her.

"I suggest you take her to a fight." Evergreen suggested.

"A fight?" Laxus looked at the female with a raised eyebrow, "Where the heck am I suppose to be at the right spot at the right time to see a fight?"

"Not a common, everyday fight, Laxus. A professional fight. Something called 'boxing'."

"Boxing." The males repeated.

"I heard some guys talking about it." Evergreen continued, "Our Jasmine likes to fight, so maybe this Jasmine likes watching fights."

"This could work." Freed mumbled.

"Well, when and where is this 'boxing' going to be?" Laxus asked.

"I can find that out for you, buddy!" Bickslow grinned.

The team nodded, having their plan established. Only seven more hours until school was over and until Laxus took Jasmine to a boxing match.

AFTER SCHOOL . . .

Laxus left class, wondering where he should meet Jasmine since they never did establish a meeting spot.

So, he just decided to see if she was at her locker.

"We should go see a movie tonight." Cobra suggested to his girlfriend.

"I can't," She said as she shoved heavy textbooks into her locker, "I promised Laxus I'd hang out with him."

"Why'd you do that?" He growled, his attitude changing as soon as she spoke the blond's name.

"Because I'm being nice." Jasmine sighed, closing her locker. "He can't help his feelings, Erik. They're not an on and off switch."

"But he could-"

"I already told him that we're hanging out as friends. I've made it clear that you're my boyfriend and that I like you." She ran a hand through his maroon hair, "So, stop worrying."

"Fine." Cobra grumbled, still not happy about it but he trusted Jasmine. "Just be careful, alright?"

"You have my word." She nodded with a teasing smile.

A clearing of the throat was heard which caused Cobra and Jasmine to turn their heads to the right. Laxus stood there both awkwardly and annoyed as he had watched the couple interact. The two gentlemen glared at each other, not liking one another in the slightest.

Holding his gaze with Laxus, Cobra leaned over and kissed Jasmine on the cheek which resulted in a low growl from the blond.

"See you later." Cobra said to her before leaving.

Exhaling from the heavy tension, Jasmine could finally relax. With Cobra gone, Laxus walked forward, closer to her. "So, where should we go?" She asked.

"I've got a surprise." Laxus replied, a small smirk on his face. He hoped that Evergreen's idea would work and that this would be the key to making her fall for him.

Only time will tell.