The Lightning Empress

Eleven Years Later . . . .

"Look Natsu, I got the Fairy Tail emblem on my hand!" Newcomer Lucy Heartfilia exclaimed to the pink haired dragon slayer, holding her hand out in front of her.

"Yeah that's great, Luigi." Natsu commented, not even turning around to look at the blonde girl.

"My name's Lucy!" She snapped.

"Yeah, yeah." Natsu sighed, not paying her any attention. He just stared blankly at the request board.

Lucy huffed and stomped over to the bar, sitting next to Gray.

"Ever since I got here I've been wanting to ask," She began, "what's that top floor used for?" She pointed to the second floor of the guild.

"Oh, that?" Mirajane (Mira for short) giggled. "That's strictly for S-Class wizards only."

"S-Class?"

"There are rankings within guilds." Gray explained. "There's the average members, like us, then there's the S-Class wizards, and above them are the SS-Class wizards."

"Woah!" Lucy stared at the shirtless male in amazement as if he were a S-Class or a SS-Class wizard. "Who are the S-Class and SS-Class wizards?"

"Well, we only have one SS-Class wizard." Mira said. "It's Gildarts Clive, our strongest wizard."

"Gildarts Clive." Lucy repeated. "I don't think I've heard of him."

"That's because he's literally never here." Mira smiled. "You see, SS-Class quests take an extremely long time. The one that Gildarts is on is a one hundred year quest."

"ONE HUNDRED YEAR QUEST!?!" Lucy's eyes practically popped out of her skull.

"Well of course, he could always finish early."

"I guess that's true . . ."

"As far as the S-Class wizards go . ." Gray said, staring at nothing in particular. "There's Erza, she's a monster; Laxus, the Master's grandson who's a total jerk; and then there's Jasmine."

"Jasmine?" Lucy cocked her head to the side and hummed to herself. "I think I've heard of her."

"You don't wanna hear about her." Gray replied quickly. "You don't wanna even know her. It's your safest bet of not getting on her bad side."

"Is she really that bad?" Lucy asked.

"Heck yeah!" Happy said with wide, paranoid eyes. "Just saying her name makes me want to crawl under a rock and hide forever."

"She's got no mercy." Natsu mumbled, sitting next to Lucy.

"Well, she wasn't always this way." Mira stated, her eyes filled with sadness.

Natsu, Gray, and Happy lowered their heads as they remembered the old Jasmine.

"Did something happen?" Lucy asked, looking at the four people around her.

"I don't think we should talk about it." Mira said softly.

Just then, the guild doors swung open. The murmurs that once filled the guild disappeared. Strolling in was Laxus and the Thunder God Tribe. The four of them didn't say a word as the walked up to the second floor.