The Wrath of Maleficent

"Because Jasmine wasn't born human."

"She . . . S-She wasn't . ." Laxus stuttered, trying to comprehend the bombshell that was just thrown at him. His girlfriend, who appeared to be human, was in fact not a human being. Not that his feelings for her had changed. But if Jasmine wasn't human, then what was she?

"It's an old tale," Atlas Flame spoke, "Jasmine's story, that is. If you wish to help her, then you'll need to know the whole story."

"How do you know about Jasmine, Uncle?" Natsu asked.

"There isn't a dragon who doesn't know." The Dragon replied, "Her birth was big news."

The Fairy Tail wizards prepared themselves for a dramatic and suspenseful backstory. And at the same time, elsewhere, Maleficent was telling Jasmine the same exact tale.

"It began with a female who fell in love with the source of all evil." Atlas began, "Her name was Maleficent. At the time, nearly 400 years ago, she was human. It was around the time when humans first started learning and gaining Dragon Slaying Magic to fight against other dragons during the war. There was a side who wanted to live amongst the humans and a side who despised the very thought of being next to a human. That was the war. The humans wanted to fight alongside their dragon friends, Maleficent being one of them. So, the dragons gave the humans magic.

With humans possessing magic that can defeat dragons, the war was on humanity's side. That was, until a human turned against humanity and started killing both dragons and humans, bathing in the blood of the dragons he killed. That man was Acnologia, the King of all Dragons.

Maleficent feared Acnologia at first, having been some of the few remaining survivors of the Dragon King's rampage. But she stood up to him, challenged him, and fought him. Probably one of the few people who have faced Acnologia and lived.

When the Dragon King used too much magic and bathed in too much dragon blood, he no longer was human and he transformed into a dragon. The olds of winning were now impossible for Maleficent, but determined, she did the same - bathing in the blood of dragons - so that she too could become a dragon. And she did.

Now dragons, Acnologia and Maleficent continued to battle while those (humans and dragons, mostly dragons) who were still alive tried to heal themselves since anyone who participated in the war was either injured or dead.

It seemed as though Maleficent was going to lose; she was hit with a lethal blow, but Acnologia did not kill her. He said that he had never met someone who had shown him such bravery because he found humans to be cowardly. To him, she was different. He wanted her alive.

Acnologia and Maleficent became romantically involved, and the world was peaceful for a short amount of time. That was, until Maleficent, the Queen of all Dragons, became pregnant with a child. A child that Acnologia did not want. When he found out that Maleficent was pregnant with his offspring, he left her and told her that he never wanted to see her again.

The Queen was devastated. She searched the globe for her beloved King, but she could not find him despite her hightened senses, for he did not want to be found.

Her heart was broken, and Maleficent blamed everything on her unborn child.

She lived alone in solititude for the remainder of her pregnancy and gave birth to a baby girl. The girl that appeared to be human, but had great potential to become a powerful dragon. The baby was abandoned about a year after she had been born because Maleficent could not bare the burden any longer; the baby reminded her of Acnologia.

But one day, shortly after the baby had been abandoned, the King of the Lightning Dragons, Jupiter, found the child who had already turned into her true form: a dragon. He soon learned who the parents were and casted a spell upon the girl, concealing her dragon form. He then decided to teach the child of the most evil and feared creature on Earthland magic and raise her to be good.

That abandoned child, the offspring of Maleficent and Acnologia, is Jasmine, Princess of all Dragons and of Lightning Dragons."

The story was so shocking that once Atlas Flame was finished, the Mages' jaws were dropped. It was an intriguing story, one that unfortunately put Jasmine in the center of it all as Atlas Flame stated earlier.

"It is very likely that Maleficent will kill Jasmine." The dragon said.

"We've gotta go save her." Laxus replied immediately, looking around for backup (anyone who would want to follow him and save a fellow Fairy Tail member).

"Indeed." Makarov nodded. To think Acnologia had a child. He hummed in his head, not wanting to upset his grandson.

"Me and Uncle are going to go send the dragons back!" Natsu grinned. "You guys save Jasmine!"

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Raph commented. He wa slightly upset about learning Jasmine's past (not that she was aware of it herself). But he was her partner, her best friend, how could he not have known such an important part of her life? However, if he knows one thing for sure, it's that he's going to save her and defeat Maleficent!

"You!" Laxus called, grabbing Gajeel roughly by the arm. "We're going to lead everyone and find Jasmine, so start sniffin'!"

The other side of Crocus . . .

"Now, do you understand?" Maleficent asked.

Jasmine couldn't believe her ears; to think that all of this time, she was never human and she was Acnologia's daughter!

But if there's one thing that this mother-daughter pair have in common, it's heartbreak.

"I-I know . ." Jasmine spoke quietly, not daring to look Maleficent in the eye.

"Know what?" The dragon growled.

"Your pain." Jasmine replied, "I've had my heart broken too. I was only a child, probably too naive for my own good, but I truly did care for him. And knowing that he just left one day hurt. It felt like I lost apart of myself because I loved him, and I didn't realize it until he was gone. So, I know-"

"YOU KNOW NOTHING!" Maleficent roared. "YOUR PAIN IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MINE! WHAT I HAD WAS REAL, IT WAS TRUE LOVE NOT A CHILD'S GAME! AND YOU'RE THE REASON HE LEFT ME! IF YOU HAD NEVER BEEN CREATED, THEN MY LIFE WOULD BE PERFECT!"

Maleficent swung her claw at Jasmine who dodged by jumping backwards.

"I'M GOING TO FINALLY CLEAN UP MY MESS BY GETTING RID OF YOUR PITIFUL EXISTENCE!" She attacked Jasmine again, but more aggressively.

What Jasmine didn't see was Maleficent's tail. As she dodged her mother's claw, the tail came from above and crashed down on her, pinning her to the ground.

"You should have never been born." Maleficent sneered, peering into Jasmine's face. "You ruined my life and now I'm going to end yours."

The Lightning Empress [Cobra/Erik x OFC x Laxus] DISCONTINUEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara