Gajeel Redfox vs Jasmine Drake

"This year's S-Class participants will be . ." Master Makarov announced, "Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Cana Alberona, Freed Justine, Elfman Strauss, Mest Grinder, and Levy McGarden."

The guild erupted in screams and applause for the eight chosen ones.

The S-Class trials were about to begin. During this test, eight chosen wizards would have a week to find a partner. After that week, the sixteen people (plus Makarov) would travel to Tenroujima (Fairy Tail's sacred island) where a series of battles would take place.

The last wizard (or wizards) standing wins.

 One Week Later . . .

"Alright folks," Makarov raised his voice so that everyone could hear him. "when we get to the island, there will be eight routes. Once a team enters a route, the route cannot be used again. Each route will have some type of battle." He cleared his throat. "You will either fight against another team, or you will fight an S-Class wizard. The teams that clear this first round of the trials will advance."

"Sounds easy!" Natsu grinned. Then he looked over to his partner, Happy. "I hope we get to fight Erza!"

Everyone was on the ship, heading to Tenroujima Island. The teams consist of the following:

1. Natsu and Happy

2. Gray and Loki

3. Mest and Wendy

4. Cana and Lucy

5. Elfman and Evergreen

6. Freed and Bickslow

7. Levy and Gajeel

8. Juvia and Lisanna

The teams were pumped, determined to become S-Class.

"I just hope we don't run into Jasmine." Lucy sighed.

"Or Gildarts." Gray mumbled.

"Heh, I can take both of them!" Gajeel declared, grinning. The truth was that he'd rather run into Gildarts than Jasmine. He still shook when she was brought up.

"Gajeel, no we can't." Levy sighed.

"What about Mira?" Cana suggested.

"I wanna fight my sister!" Elfman declared, pounding his fist into his chest. "I'll take her down!"

"Hmm," Master Makarov hummed, pretending to be in thought. "I'll keep that in mind."

"What exactly do you mean, Master?" Freed asked, narrowing his eyes at the aged man.

"Yeah!" Gajeel agreed. "What're you planning, old man?"

"Now that, my friends, is a surprise!" Makarov smiled innocently.

Everyone became panicked, not knowing what Makarov was planning. And before they knew it, they had arrived at Tenrou Island.

All of the pairs raced towards the eight routes that Makarov had mentioned earlier, hoping to get an easy route. But in this promotion trial, what's considered an "easy route"? Well, it'd be any route that doesn't require fighting an S-Class wizard.

And some pairs just aren't that lucky.

The easy routes turned out to be taken by Freed and Bickslow, Cana and Lucy, Gray and Loki, and Mest and Wendy.