Confrontation

"Whenever there's darkness, there is light."

"Do you know how much light it would take to kill me?" Libitina asked, masking her anxiety. "You'll never be able to do it."

"Watch me." Jasmine growled.

"But are you not a Lightning Mage? Lightning and light are two different things."

"But my lightning can be very bright." Jasmine smirked. That is, if I can summon enough lightning. "Don't underestimate a dragon slayer."

The Reaper acted quickly upon hearing Jasmine's words. Libitina closed the distance between herself and the Fairy Tail mage, wrapping her two sets of bony skeletal fingers around Jasmine's neck. Applying pressure, Libitina began chocking the Dragon Slayer and raising her off the ground slightly.

"Too bad you'll be dead before you can have the chance to summon all that lightning." The Reaper snarled. "And after all of that big talk, after all the amazing rumors and stories I heard about 'The Lightning Empress', I'll still collect your soul."

"I . . told . . you . ." Jasmine grunted. It was hard for her to speak because Libitina's grip on her was strong. "not to . . . underestimate . . dragon slayers."

Jupiter, give me strength. Jasmine prayed. She closed her eyes and tried to concentrate. Focus. She tried to ignore the skeletal hand that was chocking her; she focused on summoning all of her magic power. She would need every ounce of power that she possessed.

Libitina watched as Jasmine struggled in her grip. She could tell that the Dragon Slayer was up to something, so she tightened her grip. Jasmine groaned, but moved her hands to grasp the two skeleton hands around her neck.

The area was still dark, but suddenly low rumbles could be heard. Low rumbles of thunder. With each passing second the rumbles grew louder and louder.

And then there was the flash.

A bolt of bright yellow lightning flashed across the sky above the two women, followed by a loud clap of thunder. More flashes of lightning appeared, one after another, until one actually hit the ground. The lightning struck a few feet away from the women and a massive crack was heard. More flashes of lightning appeared in the sky until another bolt came down toward the ground. Only, this bolt didn't actually hit the ground.

It hit Jasmine.

The bolt of lightning stayed connected to the Fairy Tail mage, serving as her power source. More bolts rained down from the sky, striking her body. 

Since Libitina was touching Jasmine, the electric current flowed straight from Jasmine to Libitina. Though, the lightning itself didn't affect the Reaper that much.

It was the light.

The more bolts of lightning that stuck Jasmine, the more Jasmine glowed. Sparks bounced off of her skin, even around her eyes which glowed bright yellow. Her cornea was no longer seen.

Jasmine shouted as she summoned more power and as more lightning coursed through her body. The vast amount of accumulating lightning erupted in a bright light.

Libitina grunted and hissed, trying to maintain her tight grip on the Dragon Slayer's neck. However, the light was making her weak. And she knew it.

The light grew brighter and brighter. So bright that any mere person passing by would be blinded.

"How ironic." Libitina chuckled humorously, "I'm suppose to be the one killing people and collecting souls, but here I am dying at the hands of a Fairy Tail wizard." The light grew so much brighter, making the Reaper squint her eyes. "I'll never forget your name, Jasmine Drake."