Reunion

The aftermath of the curse job in which Laxus and his team took consisted of (1) Raphael knocking Vikki out with a single punch to the skull, (2) Laxus notifying the Magic Council which led to her arrest, and (3) the team travelling to pick up their reward money.

It has been a week since then and the team has been doing nothing but relaxing.

In fact, Evergreen had suggested a trip to the hot springs where everyone could "melt their troubles away."

So, that's what Team Thunder Legion was doing.

Laxus, Freed, and Bickslow were in the men's area while Evergreen, Raph, and Jasmine were in the women's.

"You know," Evergreen spoke up, her glasses covered in steam. "even though it's only the two of us girls, it's still a bit weird to have Raph in the women's section of the hot springs, don't you think? I mean, he is a male after all."

"You don't have to worry about me telling or dwelling on seeing your naked body if that's what you're wondering." The exceed replied. He then spoke under his breath, "If anything, I'd like to forget I ever saw it."

"Excuse me?" Evergreen snapped, not hearing what the exceed had said under his breath but rather, she was referring to his comment about not dwelling on her body. She felt insulted by the comment.

Having heard what her partner said via heightened senses, Jasmine smirked. "You may have a point, Ever." She admitted, "Truth is I'm not use to being separated from him, so he kinda goes wherever I go and vise versa."

"Yeah, well.." Evergreen trailed off, pouting slightly.

- MEANWHILE IN THE MEN'S SECTION -

"This is more like it!" Bickslow exclaimed.

"Indeed. This is quite refreshing." Freed agreed.

Laxus, however, remained silent. Bickslow, of course, noticed this and continued to carry on the conversation.

"I bet Laxus wishes that he and Jasmine could be alone in the springs together." He grinned, "A little co-ed action, maybe?"

"What the heck, Bickslow?" Laxus questioned in a calm manner, much to Bickslow's disappointment. "I wasn't even thinking that."

"Oh? So now you are, hmm?"

"No, I'm not."

"You've gotta be kidding? She's your girlfriend. How could you not be thinking about her like that?"

"For the love of-" Laxus paused, taking a deep breath. The pink blush that was evident on his cheeks (Bickslow smirked after finally getting a reaction out of Laxus) quickly disappeared as he became serious. "You know it's not like that." He began, "Of course, I think about her in that way, but I also need to gain her trust. She's giving me a chance and I don't want to blow it. If I do, I may never win her back."

"And we'll be with you every step of the way." Bickslow nodded.

"Agreed." Freed chimed.

ELSEWHERE...

"So what do you want from me?"

"We know you have history with the famous Lightning Empress, and we need you to get to her."

"What are you planning?"

"I'm afraid we can't disclose that information to you. Surely you understand why."

"Yeah, I do, but I'm afraid I won't be able to help you fellas. Sorry, you came to see me for nothing."

"Now, now. Let's not rush things. How about a deal: your cooperation in exchange for your freedom."