The Life Changing Mission: An Alternate Universe

One week later . . .

The day following the Grand Ball the wizard guilds travelled back to their respected towns.

The Fairy Tail members were back in Magnolia in a newly renovated guildhall. Ever since the Grand Magic Games, job requests have been pouring in, requesting specific wizards.

Jasmine and Raph happened to currently be away on a job requesting the duo.

This left Laxus at the guild and for the first time in his life, he missed someone terribly. But, being Laxus, he tried his very best not to show the fact that he missed his girlfriend.

And you know what they say: the older, the wiser.

"Laxus," Makarov called his grandson. Both men were sitting at the bar, having drinks. Laxus hummed in response to his name being called, not bothering to actually speak. "take this job." The older man slid a job request toward Laxus.

FIND AND DEFEAT AN EVIL WIZARD WHO USES CURSE MAGIC!

Location: Lovett

Reward: 1, 000, 000 jewels

"Why're you giving me this?" Laxus muttered, staring at the paper.

"I know you miss Jasmine," Makarov said, "and I'm tired of your constant moping around the guild." He took a sip of his drink. "Go and take your mind off of things. She should be here when you return."

Laxus looked at the job request and then at his grandfather and then back at the job request. "Thanks, old man." He said with a small smile.

And with that, Laxus gathered up his team (Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow) and headed to Lovett - a town not too far from Magnolia.

"Thank you all for coming." The mayor of Lovett said as the Fairy Tail mages entered his office. The wizards had arrived in the town around an hour ago, but stopped to eat first.

The mayor sat at his desk as Laxus, Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow sat on the long couch in the center of the room.

"So this wizard," the mayor begins, "her name is Vikki and she came to this town about six months ago. She uses Cure Magic and places curses on those who make her angry. All of the victims of her curse go missing, but only one has returned. The survivor said that he was able to break the curse. I ask of you to find and defeat Vikki. Hopefully defeating her will undo her magic, otherwise the others will be lost until they themselves can break the curse she put on them."

"Do you have any photo identification of this 'Vikki'?" Freed asked.

The mayor nodded and stood up, walked around to the front of his desk, and grabbed a photo from a manilla folder. After approaching the team, he held out the photo.

In that picture, there was a young woman who appeared to be in her twentys. She was looking over her shoulder at the camera, smirking wickedly. The image caught her white hair and piercing red eyes perfectly.

The team leaned in a little in order to get a good look at the picture, then they leaned back. The mayor took this action as a cue to put the photo away, which he did. "Please, stop this woman." He begged, bowing slightly.

"Don't worry, sir, we'll stop this wicked woman." Freed promised.

Upon exiting the mayor's office, Bickslow decided to ask Laxus if he had a plan of action.

"We should just get this over with." The blond said, "We'll find her, take her out, and call it a night. We can head back to Magnolia tomorrow."

"If you say so." Evergreen agreed.