A Total Nightmare

Jasmine sat on her bed. The television was on, but she wasn't paying attention to it. She used whatever show or movie that was on as background noise.

Her phone vibrated again, signaling another incoming text.

She was texting her boyfriend.

What you up to?

As she as about to type a reply, she heard movement from outside of her window. Cautious, she set her phone down, got out of bed, and stood by the window which had closed blinds and curtains so she couldn't see what was out there.

Yet.

She pushed a very tiny portion of the curtain aside and peeked through the blinds. She was hoping that it was some sort of animal that hopped into the backyard, but no. It was none other than Laxus Dreyar who looked like he was lost, probably trying to figure out which window was hers (Jasmine lived in a single story house).

She watched him, narrowing her eyes at him. What is he doing here? She thought, I thought my dad sent him away! She debated whether she should ignore him or just talk to him.

If she continued to ignore him, her father would probably realize that he was out there, call the police, and then she'd be bombarded with questions.

It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have school tomorrow.

Sighing, she pushed the curtains aside (half to the right, half to the left) and out the blinds up. Then she proceeded to open the window.

"What are you doing here!?" She whisper-shouted, not wanting to draw unnecessary attention, but wanting him to hear her.

Laxus' attention turned to Jasmine, seeing her leaning slightly out the window. He walked toward her bedroom window, a small yet nervous smile on his face.

"I just want to talk." He said.

"If my dad finds you, he'll call the cops." She informed him.

"It'll only take a minute." He promised. She nodded at him, silently telling him to continue. "Well, first, I want to say that I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have tried to kiss you especially since you're already dating somebody else, but I couldn't help it. I . . I love you, Jasmine and I want us to have a chance."

"Laxus," Jasmine said, sighing. "I'm happy with Cobra. I love him. I'm sorry, but-"

"I know." He interrupted, "I know you love him, but I think-" He paused, taking a few deep breaths, "I think you love me too."

"Wha-" Jasmine gasped, shocked that he would say that. Is he that confident that he just assumes that I'm in love with him? "How could you say that?" She asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"The time we spent together. T-The boxing matches and going to the gym-"

"We were spending time together as friends."

"But I know you must feel something." His voice pleaded with her to admit it. However, she did just the opposite.

"I'm sorry, Laxus, but I don't feel that way about you."

He was hurt, if truth be told, but there was one other way he would know if she had any feelings for him or not. Although, it was risky. It would either make their relationship stronger or tear it apart.

In a split decision, he took the risk.

With quick movements, he leaned forward and kissed her. He kissed her with all the passion he could muster, hoping that she would kiss back or showed some sign that she was not completely outraged or disgusted.