The Battle of Fairy Tail

"It's official. We're gonna carry out 'the plan'." Laxus informed his team.

"Are you sure, Laxus?" Freed asked for assurance.

"Of course I am." Laxus snapped back. "Just make sure everything goes according to the plan."

"Understood." Freed nodded.

"You got it!" Bickslow chuckled, his dolls circling around him while chanting, "On it! On it!"

"Whatever you say." Evergreen sighed, fanning herself with her fan as if it was one hundred degrees outside.

"It'll all go down tomorrow." Laxus stood up and walked to the edge of the cliff, looking out over the town of Magnolia. The cool, night breeze blew, blowing his blond hair from side to side.

 The Next Day at Fairy Tail's Miss Fairy Tail Pageant . . .

The atmosphere was light and full of laughter. Everything was going good; the guys were cheering on the girls on stage, and the girls were enjoying the attention.

Then everything went sour.

The Thunder Legion suddenly appeared, turned all the female pageant contestants into stone (technically, it was all Evergreen's doing), and introduced a "fun game", as they called it.

And then Laxus made a dramatic entrance on stage, appearing from lightning that had struck down from the ceiling.

The blond told the remaining, mostly male, members of the guild about his "fun game" which he titled, The Battle of Fairy Tail.

The rules were as followed:

1. Every remaining member, not turned to stone, must duel until the opponent, or opponents, could no longer fight.

2. The entire town of Magnolia was the battlefield.

3. The last wizard standing wins and is allowed entry into the new Fairy Tail that will be mastered by Laxus.

4. In precisely three hours, the females who are now stone will turn to dust. To save them, the Thunder Legion (quickest way is through Evergreen) must be defeated.

5. There are lightning lacrimas surrounding the border of the town. They will go off in three hours as well. Also, there is Body Link Magic attached to each lacrima. The only way to have Laxus dispel and remove the lacrimas is to have Master Makarov hand over the guild to his grandson.

After the rules were spoken, Laxus and his team vanished in a flash of lightning.

But not before Laxus informed everybody that there would be a "special guest" joining his side.

The Fairy Tail wizards charged out of the guild like a herd of buffalo once Laxus was gone. Makarov and Natsu (even Gajeel) tried to leave the guild, but were trapped by Freed's magic runes that surrounded the guild.

Something about people over eighty years old weren't allowed to leave the guild.

All over Magnolia, Fairy Tail wizards were fighting, the runes keeping a scoreboard. At first, their mindset was focused solely on Laxus, but as everyone split up in groups they realized that it was a trap. Freed had set up runes all over Magnolia and the groups of wizards were trapped inside until "one wizard stood victorious."

Laxus observed everything from his base in Kardia Cathedral. He was waiting for his "special guest" to arrive.

Meanwhile, at the guild, about thirty minutes into the Battle of Fairy Tail, Erza's artificial eye canceled out Evergreen's Stone Eye spell.