The Beginning of It All

The following weeks, Jasmine exchanged more words with Laxus since middle school. A majority of the conversations consisted of boxing talk: when they were going to another match & did they want to go to the gym together to watch some of the boxers.

Laxus was glad that Jasmine was so excited about this and the fact that he could share this topic of interest with her as a bonding experience.

However, not everyone was happy about Jasmine spending so much time with Laxus. While Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow were thrilled that things were moving along with the two, Jasmine's boyfriend Cobra was not thrilled at all.

For one thing, he was jealous.

He didn't like the fact that his girlfriend, the girl he's been with since middle school (even though, they were still kids and had a long way to go before adulthood, he still knew that his feelings for her were strong and real), is spending more time with Laxus than himself.

And it didn't help that the entire school already knew about Laxus' feelings for her.

Deep down, though he won't admit it, Cobra was scared. He was afraid that Laxus would swoop in and capture Jasmine's heart and take her away from him.

It was only a matter of time.

The school bell rang for the final time of the school day. As it was Friday, students practically ran out of whatever class they were in and talked to their friends about weekend plans.

"Guess what we should do this weekend?" Cobra suggested, a smirk on his face as he leaned against the lockers.

"Accomplish world peace." Jasmine joked, a smirk on her face as well.

"Very funny." The maroon haired male sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Actually, it's a real issue that-"

"I was going to say that we should go to the beach." He effectively cut her off, getting his point across. "Just you and me. It'll be nice."

"Sounds nice, but I can't." Jasmine closed her locker and closed her eyes, preparing for what she knew would turn into an argument. "I already have plans this weekend."

"With who?" Cobra asked, but in the back of his mind, he already knew. Or rather, he had a feeling. He narrowed his eyes at her with the hint of a glare mixed in with his intense gaze.

"It doesn't matter-"

"IT DOES MATTER!" He shouted, earning attention from bystanders. He immediately lowered his voice, "It's Laxus, isn't it?"

Surprised by Cobra's outburst, Jasmine took a minute to collect herself. After taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and looked at her boyfriend. "Yes, it is. Happy now?"

"Of course, I'm not! What are you doing with him?"

"It's nothing bad, Erik. We're just hanging out."

"Well you've been 'hanging out' with him for the past six weeks! You've completely blown me and the others off to 'hang out' with Laxus!"

"That's not true, and I'm sorry if you feel that way, but really, we're just hanging out." She hesitated a bit, but decided to tell him anyway. "He's been taking me to see boxing matches."

"Boxing?" Cobra raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and I actually enjoy it."

"Well, I can take you to see boxing."

"Erik, do you even like boxing?"

"Uh . ." Unsure of what he should say, he stammered over his words and glanced at the lockers -- avoiding eye contact.

"Look," Jasmine spoke, "boxing is something Laxus and I enjoy. I can have other friends, you know-"

"Yeah, friends who don't have an age-old crush on you."

"Regardless, we're only meeting up as friends -- nothing more, nothing less." She placed at hand on his shoulder, trying to reassure him. "I made the choice in middle school, didn't I? I chose you, okay. So, stop worrying."

Cobra only grunted in response, still not looking pleased with your decision.

"I've got to get going." She sighed, dissatisfied with her boyfriend's reaction. Though, she should have expected this since she knows how stubborn he is. Not giving him time to respond, she turned away from him and walked away.

This was only the beginning of the long lasting couple's downfall.

"There you are." Laxus said as Jasmine exited the school building and approached him. He instantly knew, just by the look on her face, that something was wrong. "Did something happen?" He asked.

"It's just . ." She began, sighing. "Erik and I. We sort of . . had a fight. If you could call it that."

"Oh." Of course on the inside, he couldn't help but feel thrilled. But he couldn't show it on the outside. "So are you two . . . . you know . ." He wondered possibly if it had actually happened. Could it have actually happened?

Confused as to what Laxus was getting at, Jasmine tilted her head to the side in wonder. Then everything was pieced together in her head, "Broken up?" When Laxus nodded his head in response, she shook her head rapidly, absolutely denying the assumption. "No, no, no, no. Nothing that extreme."

His hopes came crashing down at that moment. He should've known that it wouldn't have happened that easily.

"He just . . . he just worries so much." Jasmine huffed, but then she decides to move on to a happier topic. "But enough of that!" She grinned, "Ready for the fight tomorrow?"

"Of course." Laxus smirked. "And if you want, we could go to a boxing gym tonight." When Jasmine's eyes widened in excitement, he continued, "A friend of mine was able to pull some strings. A trainer there is willing to give us a free lesson."

"Are you serious!?" Both excitement and nervousness welled up inside of her body. "Me? Learn to box?"

"So is that a yes?"

"YES!"

Meanwhile, another plot was being made by someone who is having a hard time letting go of their anger -- anger which would turn to hatred and would blind them from rational reasoning.

"I want you to follow them."

"Jasmine or Laxus?"

"Both for tonight, but after today, follow Laxus and find out what he's up to."

"Fine, but you owe me."

"Don't worry about that, pal. Do this for me and I'll get you what you want."

"Deal."

A plot has been born and tension has begun to rise within relationships.

Yet, this is only the beginning.