Lies

"You feelin' okay?" Cobra asked, gently placing his hand on top of Jasmine's. They were sitting, along with their friends, at a table in the cafeteria for lunch.

Jasmine nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Sure you don't want me to talk to that guy? I'll teach him a lesson for making a move on you."

"I know you, Erik." She sighed, yet smiled. She knew him all too well. "You say you'll talk, but you'll probably end up trying to fight him instead." She was right. Too bad she didn't know that he already did that. "Don't worry about it. I learned my lesson. I'm not going near him again."

"COBRA!"

Practically the entire cafeteria full of seniors stopped what they were doing and turned their attention toward the drama.

Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow marched towards Cobra's table, fuming with anger.

"How dare you lay a finger on Laxus!" Freed snapped, slamming his hand down on the table and looking at Cobra with the intent to kill.

"What are you talking about?" Cobra asked, raising his eyebrow. "I didn't touch him." He gave a look of disgust as he spoke, "I wouldn't want to touch him."

"Liar!" Evergreen spoke up, her eyes glossed with tears. He better be glad I don't have magic or he'd be turned to stone! She shouted in her head.

"Look, I don't know what happened-"

"You assulted Laxus and don't try to deny it!" Bickslow growled, glaring down at Cobra. "You hated his guts, didn't you?"

"I disliked his constant staring at my girlfriend, yes." Cobra answered, squeezing Jasmine's hand lightly.

"So you admit to the crime!" Freed shouted.

Jasmine sat there silently as the trio argued with Cobra, tuning them out. Laxus was assaulted? Her thoughts became active as she zoned out. Erik does really hate Laxus, but would he really- Who am I kidding? She knew Cobra like the back of her hand. When he was jealous or angry, he could get violent. That's why she was hesitant on telling him about Saturday.

"How was your weekend?" Cobra asked, appearing next to Jasmine in the hallway. He kept his cool as he awaited her answer, alreadying knowing what happened.

"It was . . . okay." Jasmine replied. She didn't want to tell him -- not Cobra. She knew how his temper was and how violent he could be when under Rage's influence.

"Something wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her close to him. When she didn't answer, he continued, "You know, if there's something bothering you, you can tell me about it."

Jasmine bit the inside of her mouth for a minute before she sighed. "Promise you won't do anything violent." She said, looking at her boyfriend with a serious expression.

"Promise." Cobra nodded, appearing to wonder what on earth she had to tell him.

She knew he did it. Or she at least knew he probably did it.

She needed to see this for herself.

She stood up abruptly, her chair sliding across the floor. She removed her hand from Cobra's, which earned his attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm going to the nurse." She said.

"What for!" He shouted, standing up as well. He mentally scolded himself for raising his voice and loosing his cool.

"Why do you think?" She growled, scowling over her shoulder at him. "To see Laxus."

"Jasmine!" Cobra called after her, but Jasmine practically ran out of the cafeteria.

"Oh my-" She cut herself off upon entering the nurse's office. She covered her mouth with her hands as her eyes widened. She saw Laxus lying on one of the bed, unconscious with badanges around his head.

"When we found him, he had blood coming out of his head." Jasmine turned around, dropping her hands to her side, and saw Freed, Evergreen and Bickslow standing in the doorway.

"Jasmine!" Then Cobra, pushing past the trio, stumbled into the room. He was breathing heavy, presumably from running, as his eyes landed on Laxus. "Ouch." He grimaced.

"Did you do this?" Jasmine asked in a low voice, staring at the ground with two fists by her side.

"Huh?" Cobra brought his attention back to his girlfriend who looked like she was about to cry.

"DID YOU DO THIS!" She shouted, making Cobra flinch. "DID YOU DO THIS TO HIM!" She finally looked up at her boyfriend, locking eyes with him, and pointed at Laxus. Her eyes were, indeed, glossed with tears.

Cobra stared at her for a moment. He had never seen her like this before. "No." He finally said, his voice calm. He took a cautious step toward her and when she didn't react, he kept coming closer.

Once in front of her, he heard her sniffle. "Don't lie to me." She mumbled, only loud enough for him to hear. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

"I know I didn't like the guy, Jasmine, but I didn't do this." He mumbled into her hair, "I promised you, didn't I?" He felt her nod as she buried her face into his chest.

Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow watched with scowles on their faces. Cobra had managed to lie straight to his girlfriend's face.

They knew he did it.

They just needed to prove it.

A few hours later, during fourth period, Cobra asked to go to the bathroom. However, instead of going to the restroom, he went to the nurse's office. Just like earlier, Porlyusica was no where to be found (which wasn't unusual).

Entering, he noticed that Laxus was now awake and sitting up in bed.

"You look terrible." Cobra commented with a smirk, his hands in his pockets as he moved closer to the blond's bedside.

"What do you want?" Laxus growled, glaring at his love rival.

"Other than staying away from Jasmine, I don't want you to speak a word of your 'accident' to her."

"Excuse me?"

"If she asks you about what happened, tell her you tripped and hit your head or you got in a fight. I don't really care." Cobra then glared down at Laxus, wanting to make sure his point got across. "Just don't tell her what really happened."

"And why would I listen to you?" Laxus asked suspiciously. Nothing good could ever come out of this guy's mouth.

He's dangerous.

"Otherwise your friends are going to pay the price as well." Cobra warned, "You can either suffer alone or you can all suffer together. Your choice."

Laxus growled at the maroon haired male standing by him. How dare he threaten Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow just so he can have Jasmine all to himself. "Leave Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow out of this." His teeth were gritted as he warned his rival. Nothing but anger and rage coursed through Laxus' body as his eyes shot daggers into Jasmine's boyfriend.

Cobra chuckled as he turned away from the injured Laxus and headed toward the office door. While in the doorway, he looked over his shoulder at the bandaged blond. With a smirk he said,

"That all depends on you, loverboy."