Start All Over

"Laxus, what's the-" Freed was about to ask the blond what the problem was, but upon following Laxus' line of vision, he saw Cobra kissing Jasmine. "What is the meaning of this sorcery!?"

"I don't really know, but I'm gonna put a stop to it." Laxus snarled, glaring sharply at Cobra. He was only able to take a step forward before he heard, "Alright, brats! Take your seats!"

Makarov walked into the room and sat at the large desk at the front of the room.

"I gotta go." Jasmine whispered to Cobra before quickly moving to sit in her seat as Cobra left the room.

The other occupants of the room shuffled around and sat down, leaving only Laxus and the Thunder Legion standing in the back of the room, confused and in a daze.

"Laxus! Freed! Evergreen! Bickslow!" Makarov called their names, scowling at them. "Did you not hear me? Sit down! Class is about to begin!"

Class?

Still confused, but deciding it was best not to say anything, the four sour thumbs moved and sat respectively in the four seats that were left.

"Good. Now, let's begin." Makarov said.

As the old man rambled on, the only thing Laxus and the Thunder Legion could think of at the moment was: Where did Vikki send us?

The bell rang again an hour later and everyone scrambled to get out of the room, telling Laxus and his team that "class" was over.

The four confused "students" awkwardly stood from their desks and walked out of the class, standing in a hudle off to the side of the hallway.

"Someone mind telling me what on Earthland is going on here?" Laxus whisper-shouted.

"I'm just as confused as you are, buddy." Bickslow shrugged.

"I think I have an idea." Freed hummed. The other three turned their attention to him, giving him the cue to continue explaining. "Well, we knew before confronting Vikki that she used Curse Magic to trap people in curses. When she was cursing you, Laxus, she said 'I curse you to live out your worst nightmare,' and I guess since we happened to be closest to you, we were caught in your curse. Now judging by what we've seen, your worst nightmare appears to be Jasmine dating Cobra instead of you, which makes sense given the history between the three of you."

"Okay, but how did we end up here?" Bickslow asked, referring to his surroundings.

"I think this is a fake reality made to trap us, or Laxus, here until he breaks the curse."

"And just how are we suppose to break the curse?" Evergreen huffed.

"If Laxus' nightmare is watching Jasmine be with her ex, then shouldn't he just make her fall for him again?" Bickslow suggested.

"Bickslow, that's brilliant!" Freed praised, "That's how we'll break the curse!"

Laxus just sighed, taking in all of this information. It really did kill him to see Cobra peck Jasmine on the lips. She was supposed to be his girlfriend, not Cobra's. Now, he apparently has to win her heart all over again. It's like he has to make her remember the fact that in his world, or realm, she was slowly starting to fall for him.

And now, there's absolutely no feelings for him whatsoever within this Jasmine.

What was even worse was the fact that he now had to attend school because apparently that's what they do in this world. He remembered learning how to read and write, but for wizards, the child's parents (or guardians) taught them that stuff.

The nonmagic users are the ones who went to school.

Speaking of magic, he was pretty sure that he didn't have any in this world. At least, he couldn't feel any and when they arrived, Laxus immediately noticed that their magical gear (weapons, armor, etc.) and their insignias were gone.

But one thing was for sure: Laxus was going to break this curse and beat Vikki to a pulp (even if she was a female).

"Alright," the blond sighed, "I'll go find Jasmine, make her like me again, and we can be back where we belong in no time." He turned to leave, but Evergreen stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Wait, Laxus," She began in a warning voice, "we might be stuck here for a while. I know none of you realize this, but think; do you honestly think that anybody, Jasmine especially, will fall in love in just one day? I don't like the thought of this, but we might actually be here for a while."

"Dang, she's right." Bickslow groaned.

"Plus, Jasmine is in a relationship right now. " Freed muttered, thinking aloud. "It's going to be difficult to approach her."

"I don't care." Laxus growled, looking annoyed. "The sooner we at least start, the sooner we get out of here." The Thunder Legion nodded at his statement. "Now, if you'll excuse me . ." He said, turning to leave.

He had no idea where he was going, not being familiar with this building, but his plan was to keep walking until he found Jasmine. As he walked, he glanced around and saw dozens of familiar faces (the following is listed in Laxus' point of view): Sting, Rouge, Gray's pal Lyon and his weird bunch, Orga, Sabertooth's pretty boy, Kagura, the girl who got beat by Kagura, Minerva, Mystogen and his twin, the creepy Blue Pegasus bunch, the cat girl from Kagura's guild, some of the troublemakers from the second Master's dark guild, the Oraciòn Seis, and . . . Jasmine.

The girl he had been looking for was in front of her (what he guessed was hers) locker with Cobra and Midnight to her left and Angel, Racer, and Hoteye to her right.

Laxus furrowed his brows, wondering if he should approach her. He had the feeling that this might not be the right time, but he quickly decided that it was now or never.

"Jasmine," He called her name, earning not only her attention but the entire group's. He wore an awkward yet nervous smile as the group (excluding Jasmine, but mainly Cobra) glared at the tall blond. He couldn't help, but rub the back of his neck for comfort. "c-can I talk to you for a minute?" He immediately cleared his throat and mentally slapped himself for stuttering.

"Whatever you've got to say, you can say it in front of all of us." Cobra growled, throwing his arm around Jasmine's shoulder. The girl of affection simply smirked at her boyfriend's actions before gently removing his arm from her. "It's alright." She assured everyone (mainly Cobra), "It'll only take a second."

She nodded at Laxus, signalling him to lead the way so they could talk. As they walked away, Cobra watched the two intently with a piercing stare.

Laxus turned a random corner which led to a downstairs staircase. He spun around and faced the girl, suddenly feeling very nervous. He stared into her dark brown eyes, the same eyes he got lost in as a kid and still gets lost in (as evident right now).

"Uh," He said, drawing a mental blank. Jasmine just watched him fumble momentarily, trying to keep her patience. "I-I was wondering if, by chance, you w-wanted to hang out . . . sometime." By the end of his request, Laxus' cheeks were pink from the embarrassment of stuttering.

"As friends?" Jasmine questioned with a knowing smirk, "Because you know Cobra's my boyfriend. I'd be glad to hang out as friends, but I can't go with you if you have other plans, understand?"

"Yeah . ." He mumbled, scowling. "Don't worry, we're only hanging out as friends."

"Great!" She grinned victoriously, "Does tomorrow after school work for you?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Cool. See you then!"

Laxus stayed behind as Jasmine left, probably to run back into Cobra's arms. He gritted his teeth and made a right fist before swiftly punching the wall to the left of him. The wall was built sturdy enough that there was no evidence that it had been punched, except for the blond's fist.

"Cobra's my boyfriend."

That single phrase could make his blood boil because he knows that she doesn't belong with that cocky maroon head of hair; she belongs with this cocky blond head of hair.

The situation just felt so . . . wrong.