Warning

"Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for tonight's fight!" The announcer said, loud cheers and screams filling the building immediately after.

Laxus and Jasmine sat next to each other and watched the two fighters in the ring. Jasmine did a series of 'oooos' every time a bone cracked or snapped, signaling that it sounded painful. Despite that, she couldn't take her eyes off of the fight.

"That was thrilling!" Jasmine said as she and Laxus left the building after the match was over.

Laxus chuckled at her excitement. They walked along the sidewalk, side-by-side, talking about what they thought was the best part of the match. Laxus decided to walk her home so that he could have more time with her.

Plus, he was curious to see where she lived.

The streetlights came on as the Sun set and the moon and stars shined brightly in the nighttime sky. He let Jasmine walk slightly ahead of her, so he wouldn't get lost. She led him into a neighborhood and saw that she soon turned abruptly and went up some stairs.

An average size house was before them.

"Thanks for walking me home." She said, "I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

"No, not at all." Laxus shook his head, walking up the stairs and moving closer to her. "I don't live that far from here anyway." At least, not by car which he does not have.

Jasmine hummed in response and a silence took over as Laxus stared into Jasmine's eyes. She noticed the intense stare and, not knowing what to say or do, stared back. It was like they were now in a trance, unable to look away from each other.

However, before she knew it, Laxus was leaning in toward her. In a flash, Laxus' face was in front of hers and his lips made their way toward hers.

Her heart pounded rapidly in her chest as she tried to process the situation. At the last minute, her boyfriend's face flashed into her mind and she turned her head before Laxus could kiss her, closing her eyes for a moment to collect herself.

Laxus froze at that moment. He was obviously disappointed and hurt that she turned her head, but what did he expect? Though, he was sure that the kiss would happen.

Everything in that moment felt right, so why didn't the kiss happen?

"I thought . ." He heard Jasmine speak in a soft voice. He looked at her and saw that she was now avoiding eye contact with him. "I thought I said we could only hang out as friends!" She suddenly snapped the rest of her sentence out, raising her voice. "I thought you understood that!"

"I-I do." Laxus assured her. What did he just do? "I promise, Jasmine, I-"

"I'm sorry, Laxus," She cut him off, taking a step away from him. "but we can't hang out anymore. Cobra was right." In a hurry, she turned around and ran into her house (not forgetting to unlock the door with her key), locking the door behind her.

Laxus stood in the same spot, defeated. What he just do? He ruined everything -- all of the hard work he did thus far to worm his way into her heart was now destroyed.

And now she would be avoiding him like the plague.

I'm such an idiot! Gritting his teeth and clenching his hands into fists, he took off. He ran all the way home, not stopping or looking back.

He wasn't looking forward to the upcoming school days.

Monday Morning

Laxus arrived at school with Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow as usual. He had really beaten himself up (not literally, of course) all day yesterday about Saturday's events.

It was over. It was all over. Now, they would all be stuck in this curse forever because he lacked patience.

Laxus sat in his first class, not even listening to his grandfather teach. His mind was elsewhere, conjuring up the worst scenarios possible regarding his future with Jasmine.

When the bell rang, he exited the class and walked down the hall in a daze with his hands shoved in his pockets. It wasn't until he nearly bumped into somebody that he came back to reality.

It was Cobra.

"Come with me, loverboy." Cobra ordered, glaring at the blond. "We need to talk."

Laxus grunted, but followed the maroon haired boy. He soon noticed that he was being taking to a secluded staircase, and Angel, Racer, Midnight, and Hoteye were there as well.

Cobra came to a stop and turned to face Laxus, his friends behind him. "Stay  away from Jasmine." He warned.

"Last time I checked you aren't the boss of me." Laxus growled, annoyed to pieces by the guy in front of him.

"I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep the likes of you away from Jasmine." Cobra growled back, "She's mine!" He placed a hand on Laxus' abdomen and forcefully pushed him back against the wall, the blond wincing at the harsh contact. "How dare you try to put your filthy lips on her!" Cobra spat.

Laxus' eyes widened in surprise. How did he know about Saturday? "You were following us?" He guessed, slightly unsure but having a good hunch.

"I wasn't following you, but I have sources." Cobra gripped the blond's shirt tightly, "I should smash your face into the ground." He smirked, almost evil-like, before he coninued, "But this will do."

It all happened so fast.

Cobra pulled Laxus down closer to him (as Laxus was taller) and grabbed the blond's hair with his free hand. Then he smashed Laxus' head against the wall, leaving a dent.

He watched as Laxus slumped against the wall, already unconscious, before releasing his grip on him.

"Class is going to start soon." Angel muttered in a soft voice.

"Alright, let's go." Cobra replied, eyeing Laxus' body before leaving the area.

After second period, Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow knew something was wrong when Laxus never showed up to class. So they went looking for him during the lunch break.

"Do you think he's just skipping because he's still upset about almost kissing her?" Bickslow asked.

"Could be," Freed replied, "but just to make sure . ."

The trio searched the halls before deciding to search the other grade levels and ended up at the staircase.

"Laxus!" They shouted in unison, rushing toward the unconscious blond with blood coming from his head. They worked together to pick him up and carry him to the nurse's office.

"What the-" The nurse, Porlyusica, gasped as she looked at the injured boy. Then her facial expression went expressionless. "Put him on the bed."

Choosing the bed nearest to the door, the trio put Laxus on the bed where Porlyusica immediately went to work on him.

Freed, Evergreen, and Bickslow all wondered the same thing: who could've done this to Laxus? Though, in the back of their minds they already had a suspect.

It was time to pay Cobra a visit.