I Spy

Saturday Morning

"Hello?"

"Yeah, just called to fill you in."

"Oh, so what happened last night?"

"He took her to a gym and they got free boxing lessons. The trainer told them that they could be professionals."

"Jasmine? A professional boxer?"

"Well, she was pretty good."

"And what about afterwards?"

"Laxus got a taxi to take them both home. Paid for it himself too."

"Do you know where Laxus lives?"

"Yeah, with his grandfather."

"Are you there now?"

"What? Of course not. It's not even noon yet. I'm still in bed, man."

"What if Laxus is out and about in town?"

"You're paranoid."

"No, I just want to know what he's up to. He starts hanging out with Jasmine all of a sudden after staring at her from afar for practically all of high school. I don't buy it."

". . ."

"And if you want your reward, you'll do me this favor."

". . . Alright."

"Thanks."

"Whatever."

Laxus woke up that morning feeling refreshed. The first thing that came to his mind was the previous night's events. A professional boxer, huh? He considered. He didn't know how long he would be stuck in this world, but being a boxer (alongside Jasmine) sounded pretty good.

Also, in this world, he was preparing to graduate high school. And with no magic in this world, he would have to find work to do. Being a boxer wouldn't be that bad; he did like fighting.

And being a boxer wouldn't be that different from his old self -- a wizard. He just wouldn't have magic.

"Laxus, I'm going to the store to get a few things." He heard his grandfather shout, "Need anything?"

"Nah, I'm good." He shouted back.

He heard some footsteps and then a door closing (he assumed it was the front door). After that, the house was quiet for about ten minutes until someone knocked on Laxus' bedroom door.

"Yeah?" He called, still lying face up in bed. The door creeked open as Freed poked his head into the room. "I see you're awake." The green haired boy stated, "Any plans for today? You know, before your date with Jasmine."

"It's not a date." Laxus sighed, although he wished it was. "And no, not really."

"Well, we were going to go watch some, uh, basketball. Bickslow heard some guys saying that there was going to be a game in town today. We wanted to see what it was about."

"Basketball?" Laxus thought aloud. That's the game that Jasmine was playing, if he remembered correctly.

"Yeah, it's some game that-"

"I know what it is." Laxus interrupted his friend, sitting up in bed and hopping out. "Jasmine plays it for the school."

"So, you're coming?"

"Yeah, just give me a sec."

Freed nodded in understanding, closing the door. Evergreen and Bickslow were in the hallway, fully dressed and ready to go.