♢1♢

Everything was normal, Dean drove home from food shopping. He bought some meat, some vegetables, water and he even found a good movie which he wanted to watch tomorrow since he was too exhausted tonight, it was already 11pm and he was tired the whole day.

He drove down the highway, there wasn't much traffic, only a few cars, nothing special, but then he saw white lights, and he shouldn't see white lights right in front of him, the only lights that were supposed to be seen by him were red lights from the back of the cars in front of him.

But these lights were white.

And then he felt pressure on his face and torso as the car abruptly stopped, and his body smashed into the wheel. Then it went black.

Warm liquid rolled down his face, a metallic taste was in his mouth.
He slowly opened his eyes again after they closed when he felt the pain hitting his body. It was difficult to open them, pressing them shut was easier, but he tried and he opened them.

He didn't see really clear, everything was a blur, and he also didn't hear very clear, everything sounded and looked like it was in slow motion.

People were in front of his car, waving at him, trying to speak to him, but he didn't understand them. It was too quiet.

After a while he gave up on trying to understand them, trying to get the blurry vision back to normal, trying to make it less painful, because there was no way that he could stop this pain on his own. He needed help.

And then he saw blue lights, finally someone who could really help him. He really tried to keep his eyes open, but the pain was too much, and then the blue lights went black after his eyes closed again.

•••

'MVC! Probably some broken rips and a broken leg, nothing serious, but his head is possible more damaged.' A man, with long brown hair, pulled back into a low ponytail said to a woman next to him. His voice was loud, but he seemed to be calm. Dean liked how his voice sounded, different than others.

Dean saw that they were running, and Dean was in the same speed, but his feet didn't even touch the floor. He looked up to the man again who had a hand on Dean's shoulder.
'Oh, hey.' The man with a black shirt said to him smiling.
Dean was still very confused about the situation, and the man saw his confusion.
'Oh, you probably don't know what happened right?' Dean nodded at this question, but couldn't really since there was something around his neck.
'Don't move your head, you wear a neck brace to stabilize your head. Well, you had a MVC, Motor Vehicle Collision, or simply a car crash. I don't know exactly what happened at the moment, but you have some broken bones, that's for sure, but your head is possible a bit worse.' Dean frightened.
'Don't worry, we have the best surgeons in this state, you will be alright.' The man added followed by a smile as he stroke over Dean's shoulder. It was a warm smile, Dean felt a bit better after seeing this smile. Dean tried to smile back, but it was too difficult for him, he felt too tired for it,  so he just closed his eyes again falling back to sleep.

<><><><><>

AN//First impression of the book?