38

Dean stayed in his bed for that day and night, missing Seth's usual visit, but he just hoped that Seth was safe at home.

Now it was the next day, and Dean had a plan, kind of.
He went to Roman, and wanted to ask him who told him everything. This was at least a good start into the right direction, he thought.

Dean knocked at the door before getting back on his crutches.
'I'm having a break, come back later!' The man inside the room shouted.
He was in his break, meant that no one else was there, good.

Dean didn't hesitate and opened the door, before casually entering the room as if he was invited to do so.
'Ehm, I'm sorry, I said I'm in my break, come back later for any questions or information.' Roman said while eating his sandwich and writing something down on a paper.
He didn't even look up to Dean until he coughed to make himself felt.

'Oh, it's you. D-did you hear anything from.. Seth?' Dean really didn't think he would get this reaction, there was kind of guilt in Roman's voice and concern was written all over his face, Dean really didn't expect that, not from him.

Dean shook his head as he sat down on the chair that stood on the opposite of the desk where Roman was sitting at.

'I- I am really sorry. I was being a dick, I didn't think he would react like that and- ugh, can I ask you something?' Roman partly looked away before turning his gaze completely back to Dean.

Dean nodded, he was a bit surprised by the sudden change that the other man did.
'Is there something between you two?'
Fuck.
Dean really didn't know what he should answer and he felt how his own face reddened slightly, actually as of right now everything was on ice because of the whole story, but on the other hand-
'This says everything.' Roman mumbled, clear enough for Dean to understand.
It was kind of awkward now for Dean, but he had to focus on why he was there.

He opened his mouth and wanted to say something, but Roman interrupted him,
'You know I'm perfectly fine with.. this.'
'Yeah, but that doesn't matter right now, the problem is that Seth is hurt now. He- he thinks I told you about the woman that tried to marry him because of money that she thought Seth would get when he has finished studying, which I obviously didn't, both of us know that. This was the w-worst phase of his life and it took him years until he said it someone, and this someone was m-me, and now he thinks that the only one he thought he could trust, be-betrayed him. And now, p-please say me from who you know it.' Dean stuttered at some points, knowing that if Roman didn't cooperate he would lose Seth, forever.

'I don't know, I can't say it.' Roman said guilty for not helping Dean, but there was clearly something that held him back.

'Roman, you know who the one is who's effected by this? Not me at all, not you, he. Seth, your former brother. The man that trusted you and liked you, and trust me when I say that he doesn't like and trust too much people. And I know anyways that it was Charlotte, but I need to proof it, and you're the one who can help me. Don't do it for me, do it for the man that was a part of your life. Do it for him.' Dean didn't think about what he said, everything just blurted out of him.

'It wasn't Charlotte, but why should I do it for him? He cost me my dream job.' Roman said, and all the guilt and care was suddenly away.

Dean frowned at him, and he felt how anger rushed through his whole body.
'Can't you just forget about that for a second?! It was years ago and it wasn't on purpose! If it was such an important examination then why didn't you look it up yourself?! Now get a freaking grip and say me who told you or I'll make you talk!' Dean yelled at him, and Roman was visibly surprised by it, but that didn't change the fact that something was holding him back from saying it.

'Dean, I would really like to tell you, b-but I can't.'

Dean lost even more hope after these words, but he didn't show it.

'Why can't you tell me? What's holding you back? Your pride? If so then let me tell you that there can't be a bit pride inside you if you only do this because of that idiotic incident.'

After that Dean looked in the other man's eyes, his own look showing that he hoped for an answer, but Roman remained silent.

Dean nodded, he had to accept that, even that right now he wished that he didn't stop Seth from beating the shit out of Roman after he did that mistake with the electronic treatment.

Dean wiped with his hand over his face, hoping not to cry, and at least he was strong enough to stop himself from that.

He took his crutches and stood up, then he limped to the door, as he laid his hand down on the doorknob he waited for a second, before he turned his head around to Roman again.

'I'm sorry.' The Samoan mumbled.
Dean shook his head, 'you could have at least said it, as the first step to fix things between you two.'
Then he turned around again and opened the door, then he slowly limped through it.

The knob on the other side of the door was in his hand now, he waited a second, hoping that Roman would call him back, but then he closed the door without hearing something from the other one.

He limped down the hallway, after he passed the fifth or sixth room he heard how a door opened.

'You have an appointment in two hours because of your leg.  Let's do that for Seth.' The last words were mumbled, but Dean understood him, and understood that he wasn't going to look at his leg.

<><><><><>

What do you think is holding Roman back?

And another thing. We made it. I mean, you made it.
This book has 1k+ votes, and tbh this wasn't a goal that I thought I could achieve without even finishing the book because I never thought that you all like it so much, and I want to say thank you, thank you for all the votes, thank you for all the comments that always make me smile and especially thank you for even reading this book.

Thank you for making this special. ♥

Aaaaand, when this chapter is published it's the first January. I hope you all have a happy year, let's make this year go down in your own history.