Part 4

"What the hell? Put me down!" Bobby said as a very large man started to drag her along the street.

The doorman she'd been arguing with simply stared in shock as she was being carried off.

"Put me down! Help!!!" She called as she started trying to pry the man's hands from her waist. "Help!"

"Shut up already or I'll..." The man began but he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Or you'll what?"

Bobby looked up in despair to see what was going on.

"Matt- hey, why aren't you upstairs at the party?" The man said, letting go of Bobby and causing her to fall to the floor.

"Because I figured it was time to go home." Matt said, looking at Bobby who was staring up in confusion. "That's mine." Matt pointed at Bobby and the man now looked in her direction.

"Oh, sorry." He said, extending his hand out as if to help her stand. Bobby stared at it for moment, thinking it was absurd and so instead she just stood, dusting herself off.

"Ready?" Matt asked, making Bobby turn to him angrily.

She glared at him for a few seconds before turning on her heel and walking in the direction of her car.

"Sorry, gotta go." Matt said, going around the man and hurrying after Bobby, who looked almost comical as she moved away quickly.

"Hey." Matt said, trying to get her to slow down and calm down.

She did not turn, she only continued to move forward, uncaring that Matt had pretty much caught up to her.

"Bobby come on..." he said but she was fuming. 

"Just get in the car, Matt... NOW." She said angrily as she turned the corner. 

Matt stared after her for a moment before doing as she said. 

Maybe it had been about 10 minutes when Bobby finally turned to speak to him. 

"Do you have any idea what could have happened?" She gritted through her teeth. 

"Nothing, nothing would have happened because I was there to save you." Matt said with a smile. 

"Nothing would have happened if you had been outside like I told you! Better yet, nothing would have happened if you would just stop calling me." She said angrily. 

"I can see you're upset." He said simply. 

"Of course I'm upset. You woke me in the middle of the night to act like some cab driver. Matt- take a cab, get an uber... Hire a chofer but stop calling me for these things." She said. 

"You're my friend, who else am I supposed to call?" He said, catching her off guard. "I could call Nick but he and Ryan would just give me some lecture. And a cab or an Uber? Did you forget who I am?"

"If you're so concerned about who you are then don't do these types of things. Seriously, just hire a designated driver." She said. 

"A guy like that would cramp my style." Matt said. "look, I'm sorry. I really am but you're the first person I thought of calling- unless you think I should suck it up and drive."

"Don't be stupid, of course you shouldn't drive." Bobby said as she drove closer to Matt's apartment building. 

"Anyway- don't worry." He said, looking like he might fall asleep in the car. "I would never let anything happen to you."

Bobby frowned- oh yeah, the man was definitely drunk. 

"Come on Matt, wake up- we're here." She said, leaning over to shake him.