Part 12

"And you seriously just figured it out?" Eddie asked as Bobby was pacing around her apartment.

"How was I supposed to know? It never bothered me before when he's dated women!" She said.

"It bothered you to have to send them flowers" Eddie said, staring at her.

"Because that's annoying and it's not my job." She said.

"Besides, you've never had to seen him on the daily with another woman and, I'm sorry for saying this but... You're afraid because it looks serious." Eddie said, leaning back.

"Oh god- it's getting serious so fast." Bobby said, shaking her voice.

It was almost comical to see Bobby this way- she was always so calm.

"She's a beautiful woman-smart, accomplished and she runs in the same social circles. I can see why he's smitten." Eddie said, making Bobby turn to him with a frown. 

"Thanks." She said, shaking her head. "This is insane, it doesn't matter what Nick says. He's never going notice me when he has her. Or a dozen other women like her who are lining up around the block."

"How can I even compare?" Bobby said. 

"Stop it. Damn- Bobby. Listen to yourself. Sure, she got a great education at the best schools but that's not everything." he said, and Bobby snorted. 

"Come on. You came from a difficult background and still, you managed to make it to New York, get a job a one of the top companies in the world and work your way up the ladder. That's damned impressive by any standards." He said. 

"Okay, but she's poised and elegant and..." She began and he sighed. 

"Yes, she is. She is pretty damn perfect in that department but you're clever and smart and fun." Eddie said. "Don't look at me that way- you're fun, that's why Matt likes being around you." 

Bobby was quiet as if searching for another excuse. 

"Yeah, well she's beautiful and I've never seen Matt look at me the way he looks at her." Bobby said quietly, taking a seat next to Eddie. 

"She really is gorgeous. Perfect really with legs all the way up to her neck- she looks like a barbie." Eddie said. "I can understand that he saw her." 

"You see what I mean?" Bobby asked in despair. 

"I also know that he saw you just the way you are now- without any fancy make up or clothes. And the truth: He may never look at you the way he looks at her but he's looked at dozens like that before, and he's also never looked at anyone else the way he looks at you." Eddie said. 

"If he saw me we wouldn't be having this conversation." Bobby said, shaking her head. 

"No, of course he sees you- he just doesn't realize it yet." Eddie said. "Bobby, men can be pretty dimwitted. You need to just tell him, make him see what he's missing."

Bobby turned red. 

"What if you're wrong?" she asked. "besides, I could never do that. I'm not that bold- I'm so not his type."

"Then we're wrong but at least you tried." He said. Bobby seemed to think it over for a bit. 

"I'm not about to change the way I look and act just to get some guy to notice me." She said and Eddie laughed. 

"No, that wouldn't work but you can't expect for anything to happen if you don't say something. Or at least try flirting." Eddie asked. 

"I don't know how to flirt." She said, shaking her head.