2

"Oh lord..." Bobby muttered to herself as she walked into the large foyer and realized what was going on. For a second she stared, not in shock because it was not the first time it happened, but she stared because she didn't know how to do it.

Matt had always so easily and naturally taken to the playing part of parenting. For Bobby, playing dress up or pretend always took a bit more work and so usually she was the one to discipline. At the moment, however; all she could do was let a smile form over her face as he watched Matt running around with a set of wings on his back.

"Come on Tink!" She heard Bea said as the little girl sped past her into the living room, dressed in her Wendy costume. Only a couple of weeks ago, Beatrice and Matt had watched Peter Pan together and now she was convinced that Matt was a fairy. Matt had tried, he really did, to be Peter Pan or Captain Hook but as Bea had insisted- Daddy had no choice but to be Tinker Bell. He was lucky she hadn't insisted on a full costume.

"Hey... It's mommy." Matt said, slowing down in the foyer and turning to Bobby with a smile.

"Hey there, Tink." Bobby said, leaning in to kiss Matt but she immediately felt a pair of small hands pushing her back.

"No, no!!!" Bea said, pushing Bobby back. "No kissing."

Matt frowned and Bobby sighed. This had been Bea's newest obsession. No matter what, Mommy and Daddy could absolutely NEVER kiss. They weren't sure where it had come from but for the last few months, it was practically the law.

"Bea, Daddy misses Mommy. Just one kiss." He said, kneeling down to her level but Beatrice shook her head.

"No, sir! No..." She said, wagging her little finger at Matt and then turning to Bobby. "... kissing. I'm watching you, Mommy."

Bobby sighed and tried to sustain a chuckle. Ever since this kid learned to talk, she hadn't ceased to surprise them with all the things she came up with.

"Well, can I get a kiss from you at least?" Bobby said gently, kneeling down and Bea smiled brightly, throwing her arms around her neck.

"Oh mommy, yes." Beatrice said, kissing her cheek and prompting Bobby to carry her in her arms.

"Girl, you are getting too heavy for mommy." Bobby said as she walked down the hall with Matt in tow.

"Oh no, Mommy. You're just so small." Beatrice said as they walked towards the living room.

"Come here, give tiny mommy a break." Matt said with a chuckle, extending his arms and taking Bea from Bobby.

"She needs to eat more vegetables... so she can grow." Bea said and Bobby laughed.

"Hate to break it to you kid, but Mommy's not getting any bigger." Bobby said, taking a seat on the sofa. Matt put Beatrice down and she immediately took to organizing the toys she and Matt had left out. Bobby watched, thinking it was just like Bea to try to keep things as organized as possible.

"Just like her momma." Matt said as if he had read Bobby's mind. He sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "How'd it go?"

"Good. It's ready, everything is ready. I think." Bobby said, going over the list mentally. "How was your day?"

It was unusual for Bobby to miss work but this close to the big day, it was expected she might need a couple of days off. After Brian and Nora had finally helped them find a new CFO and new Marketing director, they'd finally taken to the task of retiring. Immediately after that, Matt had insisted that he and Bobby would need the larger office, saying they would work better this way.