End

"I'm going to fall asleep at my own wedding." Bobby muttered as she gazed at herself in the mirror. Her voice was dry and the words were followed by a yawn but there was the hint of a smile creeping at the corner of her lips as George and Vada adjusted the veil around her. She couldn't help it, even if this sort of thing wasn't really her thing, she had to admit that Vada was right. This dress was perfect.

Like most little girls, Bobby had once tried to picture what her wedding would be like. Soft music, beautiful tents and rows after rows of flowers. Maybe there would be a bridesmaid or two, a flower girl, and always, at the alter with a smile, the most handsome groom that a five year old with an overactive imagination could dream up. As she grew older and realized that the circumstances of her birth were less than conducive to such a fairy tale, she became more cynical and the idea of falling in love and living happily ever after with Prince Charming in his castle faded away to nothing. It caved to give room to more practical ideas and with that equally beautiful, if somewhat different, dreams. Her hopes of a husband and a happy home had melted away to reveal a fantasy where she was a strong, independent, self sufficient woman, celebrated as an expert in what she did and respected by colleagues. This new ambition made her who she was and it was stronger in her than ever. She knew her career would always be important. Then, as she caught a glimpse of Brian Carlton watching from the doorway, looking so breathtaking in his formal clothes and smiling brightly, she frowned. Somehow, without really wanting to, she's managed to get the career and the prince.

"Something wrong?" Nora asked. She was straightening out Brian's tie as she spoke.

"No, just the typical and ridiculous pre wedding thoughts." Bobby rationalized.

"Ha, I bet she just realized that she's about to legally attach herself to Matt of all people." George said with a grin. "Don't worry. If you change your mind, we won't hold it against you."

Vada laughed and Bobby tried to hold back a chuckle.

"Good luck, Bobby. That boy could test the patience of a saint." Vada added but she was smiling. They all adored Matt but it was a sister's job to tease him.

"Oh wow."

They all turned then at the sound of the tiny voice coming from the hall.

"Oh wow indeed." Brian replied in response to  Bea's reaction as she strolled into the room with Ruth and Charlie.

"What do you think, Bea?" Bobby asked, watching as the little girl stared with wide eyes. Bea nodded and then placed a hand at her chin as if she was seriously thinking it over. She moved towards Bobby slowly, walking around her and seemingly taking in every detail.

"Very nice." She finally said with a smile before clapping her little hands together. "Oh Mommy, I didn't know you were a princess!"

"You didn't? We did." Brian said, glancing at Nora who smiled brightly as Bobby blushed.

"We should get going." Bobby said, trying to feel normal. She glanced at the phone on the vanity, reaching out to check the time. 

"We're on time, no worries." Vada said, knowing what Bobby was thinking. "There's not way we'll let you be late to your own wedding."

"I hope someone is doing the same for Matt." Bobby said with some humor, thinking about how that man was always late. It was usually Bobby who had to be chasing after him to make sure he was ready and on time.  

"Are you kidding? That boy has been ready for days. I would be surprised if he's been waiting at the alter for a couple of hours now." Nora said, making them chuckle. Matt had been talking about marrying Bobby pretty much since the moment they realized she was pregnant. It just made perfect sense to him. He couldn't think of anything more logical or rational than to marry the mother of his favorite person. He couldn't think of anything that made him feel more safe more certain, or that just made him smile quite as much as the thought of marrying Roberta darling did.