Part 5

Matt hung up the phone and stood to stretch- it had been a long day and at 6:00PM he was certain there was still several long hours to put in.

He didn't mind it terribly, however; after all, this was his company- the company his parents built for him and his siblings.

The FINA CEO had been playing hard- trying to low ball Matt because he thought that as he wasn't Brian, he wouldn't dare to reject his offer. He smiled, thinking about how surprised he'd seemed when he told him that he couldn't accept it.

It seemed like there was still a lot of people out there who didn't quite understand- Matt wasn't a little boy anymore and his parents had pretty much stepped back and let him do what he needed to.

So in the end, what agreement did they come to? Matt convinced Tyler Most, FINA's CEO, to come to New York in a few months and renegotiate. For now, they would stay as is.

A few days in the office, watching Matt in charge, would definitely give him some perspective. He ran his hands across his face, his usual five o clock shadow much more prominent as he had not taken the time to shave that morning and he wondered... Would Lisa still be here?

Matt shook his head with a chuckle. It was no wonder Bobby was nervous- when it came to a pretty skirt he was lost. But he had to admit that Lisa was much more than just a pretty face- she was nice.

She was really nice.

She'd been in the office for a week now and so far he'd managed to get her to lunch twice and coffee once. If he wanted to, he was sure he could speed things along with her- get her to dinner and drinks, but... Matt didn't feel in a hurry. He wasn't sure what he felt other than the desire to see her and listen to her talk.

Matt glanced up at the clock- it was 6:30pm- she should be leaving just now, she'd been leaving late as she tried to get settled.

Without much thought, he stood and walked over to his door, yanking it open and practically knocking Bobby down in the process.

"Oh... sorry." He said stepping aside for her to regain her footing.

Bobby frowned, ready to tell him to watch out, ready to tell him to pay attention before he hurt someone but Matt was already gone.

With a hand on her hip, she turned around and saw him taking long strides behind her and then disappearing behind the cubicle wall.

For a moment, Bobby didn't say anything. She was only going to ask him if he needed anything else before she left.

Then, she moved back to her desk and finished packing up her things until a faint laughter made her turn. She leaned closer to the wall,  trying to hear what was going on.

"I wish I could take you out for drinks..." she heard Matt say as she turned bright red. She looked around and noticed that it was late and most everyone was gone. "But I have to stay behind and get some paperwork done."

"You're assuming too much if you think I'd go grab drinks with you." Lisa said. "I know better than to trust men like you."

"Men like me?" He said with a chuckle. "What does that mean?"

"I'm sure you know. Anyway, I have plans tonight but maybe next week." Lisa said and Bobby heard her office door click. She quickly turned back to her desk, pretending to be reviewing a folder before filing it away.

Two seconds later, Lisa and Matt walked by and he went with her all the way to the elevator.

Bobby watched quietly, unable to keep her eyes from going back, but the moment she saw Matt heading back her way, she stood.