Part 13

"Hey." Matt said as Bobby was filing some papers into the cabinet next to her desk.

"Hey." She said, turning to look at him. It was a rare and quiet moment. "Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting?"

Bobby looked at the clock.

"It finished early. Actually I was thinking about getting something to eat but I have a call to attend to."  He said.  Bobby nodded.

"That's right. In twenty minutes with Mr. Brandt." She said, recalling the appointment. "I can run down and bring you something up."

She'd already deduced that the reason he wanted to speak to her was to apologize and maybe change her mind about the reassignment. It was a talk she wanted to have too- she definitely didn't like fighting with Matt, not like this.

"Well, listen, I have some free time and I'd really like to speak to you." Matt said.

"Sure." She said, closing the file cabinet and turning to put the folders in her hands down. "Just a second."

"Matt!"

The voice made them both turn- it was Lisa.

"Oh my god. It's been a busy day, I was afraid I wouldn't get a moment with you alone." Lisa said, reaching out as if she would hug him but she stopped with she caught sight of Bobby.

"Hi Lisa." Bobby said simply, pulling open the file cabinet again and going back to her filing.

"Hey- it's good to have you back." She said, looking at her for a moment before turning back to Matt. "Should we go in your office?"

"Actually, I was about to sit down for a one on one with Bobby- we have a few things to go over." Matt said.

"That's okay." Bobby said with a shake of her head. "We can always do it later."

"See? There you go. Come on, We haven't had five minutes all day." Lisa said with a pout. Matt sighed.

"Come on." He said, opening his office door for her.

Bobby stared after they'd gone inside- Lisa. She was so impressive, it was hard to believe anyone would look at Bobby when Lisa was in the room.

What was Bobby thinking? Did she really believe that Matt would ever see her when he had Lisa just next door?

Bobby sat in her chair, thinking about how much she hated seeing Matt with Lisa.  God- how had she been so blind? Why hadn't she seen it sooner? And even if she had, would it make a difference?

"I know what you're thinking." Eddie said, making Bobby frown.

"Don't say it." She muttered.

"No, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking it's all pointless... I can't compare... I should give up." He said.

"Maybe, would I be wrong?" Bobby asked, feeling frustrated.

"Yes." He said, "Of course. Listen to me- you seem to be the only person who doesn't see it. Even without the glamour and sparkles, can't you see that Matt is always looking at you?"

Bobby raised her brow.

"Because He feels guilty." She replied with a shake of her head.

"Wouldn't you like to show him what a tiny waist you have or how long your legs are too?" Eddie said, making Bobby blush.

"Stop that. Besides, I'm 5'5-my legs are short." She said.

"No, you're legs are short compared to hers, not to your body. Come on, put some attitude into it." Eddie said.