Part 17

"Oh Bobby!"

Bobby rolled her eyes as she recognized the voice calling her name. She turned, noticing several other people around were also turning to watch Matt strolling towards her.

At least it was Friday, which meant she was pretty much gone for the day.

Lida and Volstack had a long tradition- Fridays should be a day of trying up a few loose ends before going home and so most people were gone by lunch- it was that simple.

Still, the week had been much too long for Bobby and tomorrow was the Holiday Party- she was exhausted. She turned back to the large printer in front of her as Matt made his way.

"What do you need?" She asked, placing another page in the printer. She was working on some poster boards that needed to be in the conference room by Monday.

"Just some copies." Matt said, standing at the printer next to her. "But I got them."

"Aha- why aren't you using the copy machine upstairs?" Bobby asked. 

"It's not printing correctly." He said, holding up a sheet of paper. Bobby turned and looked at it- there were smudges in the color. 

"It needs to be re-calibrated- I'll call someone for Monday." She said, turning back to her work.

"Great." Matt said, turning back to the copy machine. 

"I can take care of that for you if you like." Bobby said but he shook his head. 

"No, you got plenty to do and besides, I need to drop these off at the post office on my way out." Matt said. 

Bobby shrugged- she was trying not to be self conscious about him standing right next to her but it was nearly impossible. Even if she wasn't looking at him, she was aware of his every moment. But Why? Why did it have to be this way? Before she never had a problem with being around him. 

She never used to give these things a second though, she just acted naturally.  

"Hey, how do..." Matt began asking Bobby but she jumped back, startled by his voice. 

"Are you okay?" He asked with a chuckle. 

Bobby nodded. 

"Yeah, sorry- deep in thought." She muttered. 

"Right. Well- can you show me how to something?" He said, pointing at the copy machine that was giving him an error message. 

Bobby leaned close and began to push the buttons around, explaining that he'd skipped a step so while the printer knew what he wanted, it didn't quite understand what materials he wanted it done to. 

"There." She said as the printer lit up and started to work. 

"Excellent. Thanks." Matt said with a smile, putting a hand on her shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

Bobby stepped away from him and took a deep breath as she collected her copies. Then she turned to a large table behind them where she began arranging the papers. 

She looked around, noting that everyone had gone from the copy room except for herself and Matt. 

"Wow, already 1." Matt muttered to her as he waited for the copies. Bobby nodded.