Part 33

With the announcement of a new CEO, the entire staff of Lida and Volstak was busier than ever. Meeting after meeting, call after call and then, and endless amounts of paperwork.

When Bobby had gone into Lisa's office that day, she was a nervous wreck but then it turned out that Lisa needed her help organizing the administrative staff. Matt was about to be announced CEO and of course, as the head of Marketing, it was up to her to prepare the announcements.

Bobby was so thrilled for Matt that she completely forgot about everything else and decided she needed to do her best work, make sure that everything was perfect.

So in the days that followed, the two had not been able to interact as much as he might have liked.

"You're still here?" Eddie asked, noticing that Bobby was still at her desk.

"Yeah, I just want to finish." Bobby said without looking at him. She was typing away on the computer, a very intense look in her eyes.

"It's 2pm, everyone else is gone. Let's just go, we can finish up on Monday." Eddie said.

"No, I don't want to disrupt my thought process." She said, continuing.

"You're still here?"

They both looked up now where Matt was standing staring.

"My words exactly." Eddie said, making Bobby frown.

"I'll be done soon. Anything else you need?" She asked, looking back to the computer.

"No, I'm heading out. I have a date tonight." He said, making her turn pink but she didn't look up, she only continued to type. He smiled and shook his head.

"Bye Eddie." Matt said, walking towards the elevator. Eddie watched Bobby as she continued to type quickly, then, as the ding of the doors closing on the elevator sounded, she let out a deep breath and relaxed.

"Oh my god." She said, turning to Eddie who chuckled.

"What's with you?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just can't get used to it when he does that." She said, putting her hand to her chest.

"You will." Eddie said, "But you should go home. You have a date tonight."

She turned pink again. Bobby wasn't used to those types of things and it was still strange.

"That's tonight. I've got time." She said, turning back to the computer.

"No, don't you want to go home and relax? Take a long bath, try on 10 different outfits, maybe mess with your hair?" Eddie said, making Bobby frown.

"Why would I do all that?" Bobby asked.

"It's what women do before a date. fuss over looking their best." Eddie said, making Bobby raise a brow.

"I hadn't thought about that." She said.

"What are you planning to wear?" Eddie asked and Bobby shrugged.

"Jeans and shirt." She said and Eddie's eyes widened. "Maybe a sweatshirt, it's cold out."

She saw the look on Eddie's face and her hands went to her face.

"Oh god, don't tell me that's wrong." She said.

"It's okay, it's okay. Don't panic." Eddie said. "You're first real date, you might want to dress up a bit."

"So... like what do I wear? Like what Im wearing now?" She asked.

"No, it's a date, not a business trip." Eddie said, looking at her high waisted trousers and the blouse that buttoned up all the way to her neck.