Part 52

Lisa sat in her office, reading her emails over and over again. She was finding it hard to focus after everything that had happened.

Matt hadn't come over during the weekend, nor had he tried to reach out to her to explain what had happened.

Although, she would be very stupid not to know what was going on at this point. The whole time, she actually thought she could win Matt back but... it was obvious now.

She'd never get him back- he was in love with Bobby and she was in love with him.  How could she ever compete with Bobby? The simple truth was that she couldn't. No woman ever could. She'd always thought that Bobby could be the perfect woman for Matt.

Lisa wiped a tear as she continued with what she was doing. She'd come in to work very early that morning and was waiting for the first sign of Nora and Brian. She needed to speak to them. She felt so stupid, so incredibly stupid for not seeing it.

Why the hell hadn't they told her? To spare her feelings? Instead, they'd just managed to make her feel stupid. She was sure that Matt was going to be pissed when he found out the baby wasn't his but she didn't give a damn! After all, she was pissed at him for lying to her. Then that stupid stunt he pulled, pretending like they could get back together before chasing after Bobby like that. She hated them! She wanted nothing but to be as far away from the both of them as possible.

Lisa glanced at the clock. They should be walking in by now. She finished sealing the envelope she had on her desk and walked out, placing it on Ben's desk as she did. It was addressed to Matt and she knew Ben would hand it over to him.  Then she turned to the elevator... right on the mark. Brian and Nora walked in, his hand on her back as she laughed about something he was saying.

"Oh, Good Morning, Lisa. You're here early." Nora said, noticing how she stood waiting outside their office.

"Good Morning. I know you're just getting in but I need to speak to the both of you. It's absolutely urgent."

----

"Michael, Do you have the numbers I asked for on Friday?" Matt asked with a frown, looking through the papers. He'd gone over them a couple dozen times but they weren't in. He'd almost thought he might have misplaced them or maybe the papers were stuck together. In the end, it was obvious that Michael had not gotten the reports in on time.

It was disconcerting. Usually, the entire office took off early on Fridays and with the party that night, it was understandable that everyone was rushing to go home but if there was something urgent that needed to be finished, the executives never hesitated to stay until it was. He looked at Michael who looked through the stack of papers he was holding. Now that he thought of it, he hadn't seen Michael stay behind on a Friday even one time.  He waited, watching as the man shuffled through his papers.

"Here, I have the prelim." Michael said, handing Matt a couple of ruffled papers. Matt raised a brow. This was certainly unacceptable, and Michael should know that.

"I need the real numbers." Matt said with a shake of the head, tossing them back at him.

"I can have those tomorrow first thing." Michael said.

"I needed them Friday." Matt said, making Michael look at him. The two men stared at each other for several minutes, as if silently challenging each other.

"I'll have them EOD." Michael finally said, giving in.

"I need them by two." Matt said and Michael frowned.

"Not possible unless I work through lunch." Michael said.

"We have deadlines to keep, Michael, sometimes that means staying late or working through lunch if we have to." Matt said. "Two."