Part 39

"Bobby, how's it going?"

Bobby looked up, seeing Michael smiling at her from the doorway.

"Hey Michael, what can I do for you?" She asked, as usual, always ready to jump straight to business. He sighed, he was growing used to her manner. Everything was always so serious, work, work, work. Still, he would keep trying, he'd convinced himself he would crack her.

"I hear you're the person to go to for help with the printers." He said, his grin still wide.

"The big one?" She asked, raising her brow.

"That's the one." He said. "I was looking for Kevin, but he's nowhere to be found." 

Bobby nodded, glancing at the clock.

"Yeah, he's out for an appointment." She said, standing. "I'll show you how."

"I've heard this printer can be pretty dangerous." he said with a chuckle, making her turn red.

"Oh lord, who have you been talking to?" She muttered, glancing at Eddie from across the room as he helped Ben with something.

"It was a funny story." Michael said as they entered the elevator. "But I'll admit, I was asking about you."

"Why?" She asked, oblivious to the way he was looking at her.

"I like to know about people I'm interested in." He said, making her turn to him. "That lunch invite still stands."

Bobby was surprised, she'd almost forgotten about that, hadn't even had much time to think about it. Then, she turned back towards the elevator doors.

"I appreciate it but..." She began and he shook his head.

"Oh no, but what?" He asked. "I'm not your type, it's not me, it's you. I'm a lot of fun to be around Bobby, I swear I'm a nice guy and not a lunatic."

Bobby laughed. She could tell he was a nice guy and he'd been settling in nicely, making friends so easy.

"I have someone." She said simply. She almost didn't say it but she figured everyone would figure it out in a few weeks anyway. She turned red when she thought about what everyone would think when they found out she was seeing Matt.

"That's too bad, for me at least. He's a lucky man." Michael said as the elevator doors opened.

"Come on, the printer is down this way." Bobby said, trying to change the subject. She wasn't comfortable talking about her personal life, it just wasn't her style.

"So this is the printer. Usually, we need to feed in the paper from the roll on this end..." She began to explain, showing him how to remove the clip so it would work.

"What does he do?" Michael asked, making her look up at him.

"Who?" Bobby asked, looking around to see if anyone else was in the room.

"Your boyfriend." Michael asked, making her eyes go back to him.

"Ummm, he works in business." She muttered, squatting down now and showing him the second clip. "Depending on what size you're going to need, just select the clip from here."

"How long have you two been together?" Michael asked suddenly, making Bobby look up at him.

"Why?" She asked, straightening up and looking at him.

"I want to know how serious this is, figure out if I have a chance." He said with a smile. He wasn't an unpleasant man, he was actually pretty good looking but Bobby was past being flattered and now she was just annoyed at his insistence.