Part 16

"Do you really need all these things?" Eddie asked, helping Bobby load boxes into her car.

"Yes." Bobby said. "Nora and Brian like there to be goody bags and lots of prizes."

"It sounds like a good time." Eddie said and Bobby nodded.

"It is, although I never stay long." She said.

"Why?" Eddie asked.

"I always feel so out of place." She said.

"You are one of the most integral parts of the staff... I mean you plan these events. How can you feel out of place?" He asked and Bobby shrugged.

"I feel out of place anywhere." She said.

"Whatever, well, this year you're not leaving early. You're staying with me- we have a few drinks..." He said.

"I don't drink." Bobby said.

"We dance." He continued.

"I don't dance." She said.

"You'll do both because we haven't seen each other in a long time you need to loosen up, have fun and distract yourself." He said. Bobby rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Whatever. Hold this, will you?" She said, handing him a box and moving around to the driver's side.

"I just need to get something out of..." Bobby stopped, staring down at her car.

"What?" Eddie asked, noticing her face.

"My tire is flat." She said with a frown.

"Oh wow. It's completely slashed." He said, putting the box on her trunk and moving closer to it. He turned to her. "Bobby, someone slashed your tire."

"Who would do something like that?" She asked incredulously.

"Well, unless you were out drunk driving again, I can't think of another way this could have happened." Eddie said.

Bobby frowned as she stared at it.

"Okay." She said with a nod. "Well, nothing I can do with this car parked right next to mine."

Eddie stood, staring at Bobby.

"Doesn't this freak you out at all?" Eddie asked.

"Why should it?" Bobby said. "I'll just change this when I leave, most everyone will be gone by then."

"Bobby, someone just slashed your tire... viciously." Eddie began but Bobby shook her head.

"Stop- just stop. I know where you're going with this but there's no way. None. My tire must have gotten slashed as I drove in- it could have been a piece of glass." She said seriously, picking the box up from the trunk. "Just let it go, Eddie."

Eddie sighed, moving behind her.

"I don't like it." Eddie said.

"I certainly don't like my tire slashed either but there's no use crying over spilled milk." Bobby said.

"I hate that expression." He said and Bobby curled her lip.

"Me too."

----

"Eddie." Matt said as he approached Eddie.

"Hey." Eddie said, looking up from what he was doing. "What can I do for you?"

"Well, Bobby is running around with the Christmas party-at least I think that's what she's doing, I can't find her anywhere- and I'm in a jam- can you help?" Matt asked.