Part 42

"Bobby! Hellooo Bobby!"

Bobby looked towards her door, noticing that Lisa was standing there staring at her. She blinked her eyes and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I guess my mind wandered." Bobby answered truthfully.

"It's okay, happens to the best of us." Lisa said, walking in with a folder in her hand.

"What can I do for you?" Bobby said, taking it from her.

"Will you take a look at those and tell me what you think?" Lisa asked, prompting Bobby to raise a brow.

"Me?" Bobby replied, opening the folder.

"Yeah, I ran them by Matt but he suggested you take another look." Lisa said.

"Yes, I can. Is it okay if I get it back to you tomorrow?" Bobby asked and Lisa smiled.

"That's perfect." She said, turning back to the door.

Bobby watched her walk out and she couldn't help herself, she looked for any trace of a bump that she could find but she supposed it was still to soon to be seeing any of that. 

It had been two weeks since their stay in Texas and Matt had come through with his promise, putting her in touch with someone in social services to help her locate her sister. The social worker said she had a pretty good shot at getting custody since her parents had not bothered to inquire over her but first... they had to find her which turned out to be a lengthy process since they were in a different state. Bobby was absolutely guilt ridden. When she left she was still so young and impulsive, she was scared and hadn't thought of taking her baby sister with her. She also didn't have any way to take care of herself, let alone a child.

In the past few years, any time she'd gotten a call from home it was always with a threat or demanding money so after some time, she blocked it all out completely. She was thankful that Matt had helped her.

Bobby stood, taking her notepad and pen and stood outside of her office for a second, signaling for Ben to follow her. She'd been trying to get as much handed over to Ben as possible, knowing that she needed to put as much distance between her and Matt as she could. 

"Hey Bobby, how's it going?" Brian said as she approached the conference room doors.

"Good." She replied. "Bringing Ben along to get him up to speed on FINA."

Brian smiled. He'd noticed that Bobby and Matt hadn't been speaking as much lately and while at first he thought it was because of her new role, he later realized that something must have happened. Just a couple of weeks ago they were fighting constantly and now....

"Great. We're just waiting on Matt to get back from lunch and we should get started." Brian said.

"So, usually, I set up for these types of meetings 10 to 15 minutes beforehand." She said, explaining to Ben, "but since today it started right after lunch, I got set up earlier."

She explained to him about what type of meetings he would sit in on, told him that unless Matt said so, he would usually not be needed.

"FINA is one of our larger accounts and so Matt handles those directly. He manages FINA, Morris Enterprises, EPI, and CAIR." Bobby said.  Everyone sat around for a moment and Ben looked at his watch, making Bobby sigh.

"He's always late." She said, looking at her own, "But he'll be here in two... one..."

With that, Matt appeared, closing the conference room door behind.

"Good Afternoon, everyone. Let's get started... Oh, Ben." Matt said, glancing at Bobby.

"Hey Matt, I brought Ben in here to get him up to speed on FINA." Bobby said, trying to be as casual as possible.