3. Preschool

September 8, 2004

Liza's POV

Today is my first day of preschool! I'm so happy because I'm not really that social of a person. So I hope that I can make a few good friends! My mommy drops me off at the front.

Liza's mom: "bye sweetheart! Mommy loves you!"

I wave at her and walk in. Wow. There are so many kids here. I look around and then an adult yells into the room

Ms. Haron: "Ok everyone! Can you please take a seat on the carpet. I would like to introduce myself and talk about what we are going to be doing this year"

Me and all the other kids walk over to the rug. I slowly sit down at the corner.

Ms. Haron: "Ok class! My name is miss Haron and I will be your teacher for the year! I am lots of fun!"

Kid: "Like the bird?"

Ms. Haron: "It sounds the same but the bird's name is spelled h.e.r.o.n. My name is spelled h.a.r.o.n"

Kid: "Ohhhhhh. I like your name!"

Ms. Haron: "Aww thank you! Ok so for the first day, you guys can just wander around the room and play with some of the toys! If you have any questions I will be right here!"

Everyone rushes to get up but I stay still. I just look around and enjoy the fact that I will be with these kids for the next two years.

Finally, I get up and walk over to the drawing station. I am the only one there. Suddenly, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see a girl, my age with brown hair, a pink skirt, a white top, and black shoes. 

Gabbie: "Hi! I'm Gabbrielle. What's your name?"

I smile a bit

Liza: "My name is Elizabeth."

Gabbie: "Can I call you Liza?"

Liza: "Sure! Can I call you Gabbie?"

Gabbie: "Liza and Gabbie! I like it"

We both laugh and start colouring. I can just tell that this will be a good year.