10. Years only feel like days with friends

AN: OMFG THIS GOT 1K VEIWS! (Edit from the future: I'm Canadian, and we start high school in grade 8. Just an FYI)

September 12, 2013

Liza's POV

Today is the first day of grade 8. I can't believe that I'm already in high school! I text my group chat right before I leave to catch the bus.

Liza: Hey guys!

Gabbie: I can't believe we are in high school

Carly: I liked being the little kids :(

Zane: Well Liza will always be a little one :P

Erin: savage!

Liza: Hey! I'm not that small

Alex: Liza you look like you are 5

Scotty: where is David

David: Lurking in the corner reading your texts

Liza: Hey David

David: Hey Liza

Gabbie: Aww they are so cute

Carly: Couple goals

David: Guys stop it

Liza: It's not my fault that I'm adorable

Scotty: what time are you guys getting to school?

Gabbie: Say 8 if you are getting there at 8

Scotty: 8

Alex: 8

Liza: 8

Carly: 8

David: 8

Erin: 8

Gabbie: 8

Zane: 8

Gabbie: Meet you guys at the benches?

Liza: sounds good

I put my phone in my pocket once I see the bus coming down the hill. I hop on and sit down. I look around and see a lot of older kids. I put my earbuds in and listen to music. I only have a few songs. I have 'Hymn for the weekend seeb remix' by Coldplay, 'Ride' and 'Stressed out' by Twenty One Pilots, 'Perfect strangers' by Jonas blue, and 'This girl' by Kungs.

A few minutes go by.

Bus driver: "Ok kids, time to get off."

I get up and walk over to the door.

Liza: "Thank you."

I get off, and I walk up to the school. I look at the huge building in front of me. Then I feel my phone buzzing. It's David, but not in the group chat.

David: Hey I'm sorry that they are always saying things like couple goals. I feel bad that they say things like that to you.

Liza: It's ok. I don't mind

That was a lie. I did mind. But I would rather not say that.

David: Ok well I'm at the front of the school. Want to meet up and then find the gang?

Liza: Yeah sure

I put my phone in my pocket and look around for David. I scan the area and then I see him.

Liza: "David! Over here!"

I wave my hand in the air so he can see me.

David: "Hey Liza."

He walks up to me and hugs me. I get butterflies in my stomach when he hugs me. This confuses me because it's not like I just met David.

Liza: "Hey."

David and I start walking over to the benches, they are on the other side of the school. Once we get to the benches, I spot the rest of the gang.

Liza & David: "Hey guys!"

Gabbie: "Guys! I told you they are a couple. They walked over together."

I blush slightly just because it's a bit embarrassing

David: "Seriously. Stop it."

Gabbie laughs, and we sit down.

Carly: "What classes do you guys have? I hope we have some together."

I pull out my timetable. So does everyone else. We all look through them to see if we have any classes together.

Once I look through everybody's, I pull out my pen and on a piece of paper, I write down who I have for what classes.

Liza: "Ok for math I have Zane and Alex. For English, I have Carly and Scotty. For PE I have Erin, Carly, and Gabbie. For French, I have Erin and Zane. For Arts, I have Alex, Carly, and Scotty. For Applied skills I have Erin and Alex. And then for Science I have David."

Zane: "Oh chemistry!"

I turn my head down at the groud because I don't want to look anyone in the face. The rest of the group starts chatting and I feel my phone buzz.

David: I'm sorry about that. I can try to get moved into a different science class if you want?

Liza: No! I want to have at least one class with you. Even if they make fun of us

David: Ok just checking.

Liza: How did I find such a great friend

David: Because you are so nice and funny!

I look up from my phone and smile at David. He smiles back. I sigh as I realise it's not going to be easy being friends with him. The group won't ever stop saying things like that to us.