8. Playdates at the park

February 5, 2007(Day continued)

Liza's POV

I get into the car and look out the window. It's a bit cold outside right now. I admire the trees and sidewalks.

Liza's Mom: "So, Liza, are you excited to go see David?"

I smile

Liza: "Yeah."

Liza's Mom: "So his mom said that she was going to make you guys some lunch and then bring you guys to the park. Does that sound okay?"

Liza: "Yeah."

I sit there and stare out the window until we pull into a driveway. I feel the biggest smile form on my face.

Liza's Mom: "We are here!"

I get out of the car and my mom follows me. I run up to the door and knock. David's mom answers (AN: So from now on, Liza's mom is named Laury and David's mom is named Jenna. If I mention the other kids parents I will add another AN to the chapter and it will say the name. I think I messed up the names later on in the book but whatever. Ok back to the story)

Jenna: "Oh hello Elizabeth! Hello Laury. Please come on in!"

Laury: "I have to get going. I will you guys to it!"

Jenna: "Ok bye!"

I walk into the house and I see David standing there smiling at me.

Laury: "So Elizabeth, Lunch will be ready in about 10 minutes."

David: "Mom, She likes to be called Liza."

Jenna: "Oh I'm sorry Liza"

Liza: "it's ok"

David: "want to come up and see my room?"

Liza: "sure!"

We walk up to David's room. We walk in and I see blue walls, cartoon posters, and action figures.

Liza: "I like your room"

David: "Thanks!"

*A few hours later*

We are at the park when me and David see a seesaw.

David: "Race you to it"

I start running but he beats me.

Liza: "Shoot! Want to go on?"

David smiles

David: "Yeah!"

We get on and play there for a while. By a while, I mean about half of an hour.

Jenna: "Ok guys. It's time to go home."

I look over at David who is making a sad face. I laugh and he turns to me and starts laughing along.

David: "We should do this again"

Liza: "Yeah it was fun"

I smile and we walk back to the car. I can't wait to hang out with David more. There is just something about him that makes me so happy.