47. 365 days with you

November 28, 2016

Liza's POV

I can't believe it. Me and David have been dating for a year! A year ago, I never even thought that I would have been dating someone, let alone David. It was weird that it was almost 8pm and he hadn't called or texted. suddenly, I hear a buzz on my phone. I smile when I see the caller ID.

Liza: "Hey there stranger."

David: "Hey there other stranger."

Liza: "Happy 365 days!"

David laughs.

David: "Happy 1 year to you too."

Liza: "I love you."

David: "I love you too."

Liza: "So are we planning on doing anything today?"

David: "Funny you mention that... come to my house in 15 minutes."

Liza: "Wha..."

David hangs up on me before I can finish my sentence. I decide to get ready since I think this is a date but I can't tell since SOMEONE hung up on me! I pick out something fancier.

 I decide to get ready since I think this is a date but I can't tell since SOMEONE hung up on me! I pick out something fancier

Perfect. I get in my car and drive to David's house. 

Once I get there, I am greeted with a line of roses leading to the door. I see the door open, and I see David standing there. He is even dressed up. I put my hand over my mouth in total shock of all of this. David motions for me to go to the door. I slowly walk up to him, and I feel a tear run down my face. David lets out a slight laugh.

David: "Why are you crying baby?"

Liza: "I'm just so happy."

I enter his house and wrap my arms around him tightly. He hugs back right away. He gives me a small kiss on my neck, and we pull away.

David: "Follow me."

I grab his hand and he leads me to his backyard. Once we get there, I see the beautiful string lights that he has hung along the fence. I also see a little blanket with a small tent next to it. 

David: "I thought that we could have dinner like a picnic and then sleep in the tent as if we were camping or something. I know it's stupid..."

I cut him off.

Liza: "I love it. Thank you."

David smiles. He leads me to sit down on the blanket. He gets out the basket of food.

David: "So we have grilled chicken, salad, and pasta. Then I also got popcorn. And for a drink we have sparkling apple juice since we are not legal drinking age."

Liza: "How long did this take you to get ready?"

David: "A few hours."

I stare at him waiting for a real answer.