53. Endings and new starts

AN: I didn't do my homework so I had time to write this you should feel blessed. Then again I don't normally do my homework because in a hundred years it wont matter.

September 1, 2017

Liza's POV

It's been two months since David and I broke up. We are still friends, but it's not the same. I will admit that I cried for a week after prom. Today is the day I leave for New York. I pack up everything in my suitcase and do downstairs. After saying goodbye to my mom and dad, my mom cried the whole time, I get in my car and leave to go say bye to Gabbie. I turn on the radio and out of the millions of songs that they play, Demons by Imagine Dragons comes on. 

Are you kidding me world. Are you freaking kidding me.

It brings up the memories of the concert. With David. I turn off the radio and drive in silence. The best way to describe it is in the words of Twenty One Pilots. "Sometimes quiet is violent". I sigh. It's like those two, almost three, years of dating David are just old memories now. Not a reality. I stop thinking about it because I don't want to cry. I turn the radio back on and change the station. What do you know, Screen by Twenty One Pilots comes on. That is much better than the other option. 

After driving for what feels like forever, I get to Gabbie's house. I groan when I see other people's cars there. Did she seriously invite our friends? Ugh, I love her but this is not needed. I get out of my car and walk to the door. I knock and am greeted with... all of our friends. Great. Just great.

Gabbie: "Suprise!"

I decide to pretend to be over the moon happy.

Liza: "Oh my gosh! Gabbie! Thanks you guys!"

I smile and hug her. Everyone may think that the smile is perfect, but they don't know that I want to curl up in a ball and cry right now. Sometimes the most painful scars are the ones no one can see.

Gabbie: "We couldn't let you go without all of us saying goodbye."

I walk in and close the door behind me. As I look through the people there, I see David. I look at Gabbie before I can make eye contact with him.

Liza: "So you got everyone here just to say bye?"

Gabbie: "No silly! I got everyone here to have a party to say bye!"

She points to the balloons and food. 

Liza: "Wow all this and it's not even my birthday."

Everyone laughs and disperses into the room. Kristen, Erin, and Carly all come over to me. 

Kristen: "We are going to miss you."

Carly: "Are you sure you don't want to stay here and go to UCLA like us?"

Erin: "Yeah just think about it."

Liza: "I already have my flight booked. And NYU is where I want to go."

Carly: "But I won't get to see your amazing hair!"

Erin: "Carly have you heard of Instagram?"

Carly: "Stop pointing out the obvious Erin!"

Kristen: "Well, we should stop taking up your time. I'm sure that you want to say bye to Gabbie, and you probably want to say bye to your boyfriend over there. He looks lonely."

Liza: "Yeah. Thanks guys. I love you all."

They all hug me. I remember that me and David never told anyone that we broke up. They walk off and start talking to everyone. After a few more people come up to me to say bye, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Gabbie