23. Gifts and ever lasting memories

AN: Hello? Did no one notice my new book cover??? Pfft well, enjoy the chapter :D Oh yeah side note my teacher lost all my assignments so now I am failing his class. Yup. Also, there will be an extra chapter today I think because this one is hella short. 

December 25, 2013

Liza's POV

David opens up the gift and reads the card first. I watch his face as he reads. He is smiling the whole time. To my surprise, at the end, an even bigger smile comes across his face. 

Liza: "I realised after that I shouldn't have put 'love Liza' but I mean it like friends."

David: "It's cute. Thank you."

He gives me a hug. We flip through the pictures.

David: "My gift is going to suck compared to this."

Liza: "Seriously, I just printed out some photos. That's not hard to top."

David reaches into his backpack and pulls out a thin, rectangular box, and a grey thing.

David: "When we left target, you forgot to buy that shirt so...."

He holds up the same grey shirt from target.

Liza: "Aww thank you! I really do I like that shirt."

David: "And here is your actual gift."

He passes the box to me. I open it revealing a necklace. It is an infinity sign. I smile down at the box.

Liza: "Can you put it on for me?"

David nods and takes the necklace from my hands. He puts it around my neck. I get up and look in the mirror.

Liza: "It's beautiful."

David: "A beautiful necklace on a beautiful girl."

I smile at him in the mirror.

Liza: "Thank you. It's amazing."

David: "I'm glad you like it."

Liza: "I like everything you give to me! Look I still have that fish tank thing!"

I point to my dresser where the fish tank decorations sits.

David: "You kept that after all these years?"

Liza: "Of course! It's from you, how on earth could I throw something from you away?"

He smiles. I sit back down on the bed.

Liza: "Umm it's really late. Did you need to get home?"

David: "Well I can't really go home because it's too late and my family would wake up."

Liza: "So do you want to stay here?'

David: "Is that ok?"

Liza: "You let me stay at your house for days. You can stay here for a night."

David: "Thanks."

Liza: "Don't mention it."