34. The Winter Dance part 1

AN: Umm 12k? Wut? How? 

December 20, 2015

Liza's POV

Tonight is the school Christmas dance. I have never been to one. From what Carly and Erin have told me, they are kind of chaotic. I'm thinking about going this year though. I mean why not? I look over at my phone to see that Gabbie is calling. I pick up right away.

Liza: "Jello?"

Gabbie: "PIE! LIZA IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AHHHHH!"

I pull the phone away from ear because Gabbie is screaming into it. She finally stops.

Liza: "What?"

Gabbie: "ZANE ASKED ME TO THE DANCE!"

Liza: "Ok and?"

Gabbie: "Are you freaking kidding me right now? You know how much I like Zane."

Liza: "Yeah but didn't you have a thing with that other guy at one point?"

Gabbie: "But that was only because I knew me and Zane would never be a thing, so I just got over it, unlike some people, cough cough, you!"

At that moment I realise that me and David hadn't told anyone about us.

Liza: "Well good for you."

Gabbie: "You're coming right?"

Liza: "Nah I don't think so."

Gabbie: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! No Liza. I'm not letting you miss this! You are going to regret this in a few years."

Liza: "But I have like six end of term tests to study for! I don't have time to go to a stupid dance."

Gabbie: "First of all, who cares about those tests? In the end, your grades don't matter it's what you did and the memories you made that matter. And second, it's not a stupid dance. It's an amazing dance that will be amazing!"

Liza: "You said amazing twice. Our English teacher would kill you for using the same word twice in a sentence!"

Gabbie: "Ok Liza does it look like I care?"

Liza: "I can't see you. We are talking on the phone."

Gabbie: "So that's' exactly why you need to come to the dance so you can see my lack of caring!"

Liza: "I have to admit that was good!"

Gabbie: "You know it!"

Liza: "Fiiinnnee I'll go. But I don't have a date."

Gabbie: "Just go with David. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

Liza: "Yeah but I mind."

Gabbie: "Girl I know you still have a crush on him."

I try to hold a laugh back because I know that I have more than a crush on David. I mean he is my boyfriend!

Liza: "Ok, I have to call David. Bye."

Gabbie: "See you at the dance."

Liza: "Yeah, yeah, we'll see."

Gabbie: "I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T COME I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!"

Liza: "I'm kidding! Geez chill."

Gabbie: "Liza you have known me long enough to know that I have no chill. Just accept it and move on."

Liza: "That's true. Ok bye."

Gabbie: "Bye."

I hang up and call David.