48. First of the last

AN: I love this video/song/dance/all of it so much

Also, the reason this is short is because I am sick rn. Where I live, it's flu and cold season (Aka sick people season), so I had to wait like 2 hours just to get into the drop in clinic. 

September 5, 2017

Liza's POV

Today is the first day of grade 12. I can't believe it. I have been at that school for almost five years. I check my phone to see messages from the group chat.

Alex: GUYS ONLY 1 MORE YEAR OF HELL!

Gabbie: Wait are you not planning to go to college/university?

David: Have you seen his grades?

Erin: You're one to speak David!

Scotty: Guys stop fighting. 

Liza: I can't believe it's our last year of high school.

Carly: Ikr

Scotty: It makes me sad knowing that we only have one more year at that school.

Heath: I'm not sad at all about that! I hated that place!

Liza: With a burning passion of a thousand suns?

Heath: Yeah that

Gabbie: Gtg see you guys at school

Carly: BYYEEE

Erin: tata

Liza: Bye

I turn off my phone and get ready. After I get all of my things, I leave for school. 

Once I get to school, I walk over to the benches to meet up with everyone.

Liza: "Hey guys."

Gabbie: "Hi!"

I laugh and sit down next to David. I feel his arm wrap around me. He leans over to my ear.

David: "Hello."

I smile and turn my head towards him. I give him a quick kiss then I pull away.

Kristen: "I still can't believe that we are going to graduate in a few months."

Liza: "It feels like only a few days ago we walked into this school as 8th graders!"

David: "It does doesn't it."

Alex: "Nothing good ever happened here. I can't wait for it to be over with."

(AN: Same^.^)

Gabbie: "Com'on Alex! Just enjoy the last year here."

Scotty: "Alex doesn't know how to enjoy things."

Heath: "Guys we have to get the auditorium for the presentation."

We all get up and walk to the auditorium. Once we are there, we sit down and wait for the presenter. 

After a few minutes, the bell rings, and everyone stops talking. The presenter comes in.

Presenter: "Hello everyone! My name is Miss Quinn. Now I am hoping you are all grade 12 and if you aren't can someone please tell me where to find the grade twelves because that's the group I am supposed to be talking to."

The room fills with laughs. It was obvious that she knew where she was, but I think she just wanted to get rid of any tension or fear in the room.

Ms Quinn: "Well by that response I believe I am in the right place! Today I am going to be talking to you guys about some of the things to prepare for this year. Number one is yearbook. You will all need to give a baby picture along with a yearbook quote. The yearbook quote can be something you liked or didn't like about your five years here, it can be something you learned, it can be a memory, it can be anything you want it to be!"

Everyone in the room starts talking about what they want their quote to be. Ms Quinn screams over the chatter.

Ms Quinn: "EVERYONE!"

The room goes quiet as the attention goes back to her.

Ms Quinn: "Thank you. Now for the topic, you all want to know about. Graduation. You need 80 credits to graduate. This is a low number, but please remember that the higher the credits, the better chance you have to get into whatever university you wish to go to. We also encourage you guys to join lots of clubs because that looks good on your application. You guys should start looking into different schools to see what courses you are interested in. I will be working in the main office if you want to get help picking a school. I am happy to help. Any questions?"

The room is silent.

Ms Quinn: "Ok well, in that case, welcome to grade 12!" 

The bell rings, and we all get up and head to our first class. Just the thought of applying for college or university is terrifying to me.

AN: I did not edit this chapter so sorry not sorry