40. Lazy day

AN: 19K?? How the hell?

May 29, 2016

Liza's POV

My eyes slowly flutter open. I feel an arm wrapped around my waist. At first, I am confused, but then I remember what happened last night. I smile. I turn over to face David. Ouch. Note to self, that hurts a lot. I look at David who is sound asleep. He looks so cute when he is sleeping. After a few minutes, David's eyes open. He smiles at me then whispers.

David: "Hey."

Liza: "Hi."

I smile back at him.

David: "We should really get dressed shouldn't we?"

Liza: "Why? I like just being here under the blankets."

David: "Me too."

I feel David's hand move to my lower back.

Liza: "Whatcha doin?"

I laugh.

David: "Just being here under the blankets."

Liza: "Stop."

David: "Why? You worried that you will get turned on?"

Liza: "Yeah right."

I laugh. I move a bit and groan from the pain. David's smile turns to a frown.

David: "Are you okay?"

Liza: "Yeah. It just hurts."

David: "Oh. Do you want some painkillers or something? Sorry, I would be more help, but you know... I have never dealt with this."

Liza: "It's ok. And yes, please. Do you mind getting them?"

David: "No problem. Where are they?"

Liza: "In my bathroom, top shelf, to the left."

David puts on his boxers and gets the pain killers. He comes back with them and a glass of water.

Liza: "Thanks."

David: "It's all I could do since technically I caused you the pain."

We both laugh.

Liza: "So what do you want to do today?"

David: "I don't know. Wait, aren't your parents here?"

Liza: "Nah. They are both at conferences. My mom is in Toronto and my dad is in Washington."

David: "So we can do nothing all day?"

Liza: "Yeah pretty much."

David: "Sounds perfect to me."

David reaches his arms out towards me. I grab them and lift myself up. I stumble off the bed and walk over to my dresser to get a long shirt to put on.

Liza: "Are you planning on putting a shirt on?"

David: "Fine."

We both change and walk downstairs.

Liza: "Want breakfast?"

David: "Yes, please."

Liza: "What do you want."

David: "Anything is good with me. You pick."

Liza: "Scrambled eggs and potatoes then."

While I am making breakfast, David is sitting on the bar stools.

Liza: "Dude you are useless."

David: "What do you want me to do then?"

Liza: "Get two plates out, please. And two glasses of water."

David: "Ok."

David puts the water and plates of the table. Once the food is ready, I walk over to the table with the pan of eggs and cut up potatoes. I put a scoop of each on our plates and put the pan back in the kitchen. I sit back down and we start eating.

David: "Oh my god this is amazing. Where did you learn to cook like this?"

Liza: "When your parents have to work out of town a lot, you learn to cook. Plus it's either that or frozen dinners which I don't like."

David: "Huh. Wait what did your parents do with you when you were little? If they had to leave I mean."

Liza: "Babysitters who were willing to stay for a day or two. Sometimes I would stay with Gabbie but it just depends on what age you are talking about."

David: "Why did I not know about this?"

Liza: "I don't really talk about it a lot."

David: "Well I am glad that your parents aren't here right now. That would be awkward."

Liza: "Yeah especially because I haven't told them that we are dating..."

I mumble.

David: "What?! Liza how could you not tell your parents? What if they say we can't date?"

Liza: "They know you. They won't mind... I hope."

David sighs.

David: "I love you."

Liza: "I love me too."

David: "Say it back."

Liza: "I did."

David smiles at me and stares at me until I speak.

Liza: "I love you too David."

Once we finish eating, we go over and sit on the couch. I snuggle into David's arm.

David: "Odd question but have you noticed something between Gabbie and Zane recently?"

Liza: "Oh totally. There is a lot of sexual tension between them. You can just sense it."

David: "Huh. But I mean Gabbie likes Zane a lot so good for her."

Liza: "Wait how do you know that?"

David: "Umm..."

Liza: "If you don't tell me, I will never do what we did last night again."

David: "Ok, ok. So when we were is grade 8, I asked Gabbie how I could approach a girl I liked, she accidentally told me that she liked Zane, then she made me tell her who the girl was, I told her it was you, then she helped me plan the whole concert thing."

Liza: "Wow I never knew that. Oh my god that makes so much more sense now."

David: "What do you mean?"

Liza: "When we were at the winter dance, she saw the hickey on my neck, then I told her we were dating, then she told me that she knew you liked me."

David: "I'm gonna kill her. I told her not to tell you!"

Liza: "Considering that it's Gabbie, she held up pretty good."

We both laugh.

David: "True."

We end up watching a movie and relaxing for the rest of the day. One of the best days ever.

AN: I hope you had a nice holiday.