11. Chemistry isn't easy

September 15, 2013

Liza's POV

My alarm goes off. Ugh, it's school still. Oh, wait the school year just started, right. I get up and look at my calendar. Today I have Science class. I have been dreading that class because I know that the group will make fun of me and David. I walk over to my closet. I pick out a crop top that says 'pizzza' on it, a pair of high waisted jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. I put everything on, and I look in the mirror. I like this shirt. I smile and walk out.

I walk down stairs. I see my mom drinking coffee in the kitchen.

Leila: "Morning Liza."

Liza: "Morning."

Leila: "How has school been so far? Meet any new friends?"

My mom was always trying to get me to make friends outside my little circle.

Liza: "no mom. I have friends already." 

Leila: "Yes dear. But it wouldn't hurt to make some new ones."

Liza: "mom. I like my friends now. I want them to stay my friends. I don't want to be friends with anyone else."

She sighs. I grab a bowl of cereal and bring it up to my room. My room is a loft. It's kind of in the attic. I sit at my desk and eat. I'm on my phone when I get a message.

Gabbie: You excited to be in a class with David?

Liza: Shut up!

Gabbie: Liza. It's so obvious that you like him! Stop pretending that you don't!

Liza: I don't though! I don't like David. He is my friend, but that's it.

Gabbie: I still don't believe it

I turn off my phone. It busses again. I check thinking it's Gabbie.

David: Hey! I'm excited to have science with you today! :)

Liza: Yeah

David: Did Gabbie give you a hard time?

Liza: Yeah

David: :(

Liza: How can you always tell when something is wrong with me?

David: I don't know? 6th sense?

Liza: :D

David: do you need a ride?

Liza: Yeah If you don't mind?

David: Yeah my mom is cool with it

Liza: Ok see you in 20 minutes

David: :D ok see you then

I turn off my phone. I finish up my cereal and wait by the door.

(20 minutes later)

David: I'm outside

Liza: Ok

I get up and put my backpack on.

Liza: "Bye mom!"

Leila: "Bye Liza."

I leave the house. I see Jenna's car in my driveway. I run over to it and hop in the back. To my surprise, David is also on the back.

Jenna: "Oh how lovely to see you again Liza! You look gorgeous!"

Liza: "Thanks."

David: "I like that shirt."

Liza: "It's like the time someone called me Lizzza. But it's pizzza."

David laughs. I sit there and smile at him. I look out the window. I'm so happy in this moment. I'm with one of my best friends, what could possible change?

AN: So... Do you like it? I told you that the chapters were going to get better as the story went on! Ok, well, I hope you enjoyed it! Make sure to vote and comment!