42. The smallest things cause the most change

AN: This video was so good I'm so proud of Gabbie

//Trigger warning: Self-harm, suicidal thoughts, other things like this// 

June 27, 2016

Liza's POV

Today is the last day of school. We are all so excited for summer. I walk into my last class (English), and see some of the group there. I go sit by them.

Liza: "Hey guys."

Erin: "Hey."

Carly: "Yo."

Gabbie: "Hiya."

Alex just stares at me because he is weird. I mean it's Alex. What do you expect?

David: "Hey babe."

David kisses my cheek and Carly and Erin freak out a little.

Erin: "Awwwwwww!"

Carly: "Why don't we have boyfriends yet?"

The bell rings and class starts.

Mrs Adams: "Ok class, since today is the last day, I decided to give you guys a fun assignment. You will be thinking about the scenario you met someone who is important in your life or someone who led you to meet someone who is important. Imagine what would happen if you never met. What would your life be like right now?"

We all start thinking about it. What would have happened if I had never sat next to Carly that one day?

*What would have happened is in italics but it's not Liza's thoughts.*

September 10, 2006

Me and Gabbie walk into our new school. Once we get to the area we were supposed to be sitting, we see that there are no seats together. We say bye and find a seat. I end up sitting next to a girl with dirty blonde hair, and brown eyes. I give her a friendly smile.

Liza: "Hey I'm Liza. What your name?"

Grace: "I'm Grace."

Liza: "Nice to meet you."

Grace: "Wanna come hang out with me and my friends?"

Liza: "Sure."

The orientation finishes and I follow Grace to the other side of the school. In my head, I am thinking 'What about Gabbie?' But I don't say anything. Once we stop, I see three other kids.

Grace: "Liza, this is Andrew, Mitch, and Lilly."

I wave at them.

Andrew, Mitch, & Lilly: "Hey."

I go and sit down. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Gabbie. I look at her. She looks upset. I feel so bad. She runs off.

September 12, 2013

Today is the first day of high school. Me and Gabbie haven't talked since preschool. I saw her in the hall, but that's about it. I get onto my group chat.

Liza: Guys it's high school.

Lilly: Tbh so excited

Andrew: I'm not

Mitch: I just want to meet some cute boys.

Grace: Mitch stop being so gay. Literally.