7. Fishy tank colours

February 5, 2007

Liza's POV

So we have been at this new school for a while now. Me and Gabbie have become friends with Zane, Erin, Alex, Scotty, and David. David and I have become really good friends. Today is Saturday, so I am just at home. I'm coloring a fish tank for homework. I'm almost finished when I hear my mom on the phone in the kitchen. I walk out to hear what's going on.

Liza's Mom: "Yeah I think she would love that! Sure, 1:00 pm works. Ok, see you then."

I hear my mom say 1:00 pm. I look over at the clock. It says 11:00 am. Who was she talking to?

Liza's Mom: "Elizabeth, can you come to the kitchen for a minute."

I walk over to her

Liza's Mom: "Oh I didn't know you were downstairs already! Ok well, I was just on the phone with David's Mom, and she wanted to know if you wanted to come over for lunch."

Liza: "Yeah."

Liza's Mom: "Ok well you better finish up your homework and get ready! I will get you a little snack before you go because you are probably a bit hungry now."

I nod and walk back to my room. I sit down and finish my drawing. I'm so excited that I get to go over to David's house! I have wanted to have a playdate with him for so long!

I look down at my bright blue fish tank and smile. It looks pretty good. I walk over to the bathroom and brush out my hair. I let it down because I don't want to put it up in a bun. I went over to my dresser, and I grab a pink shirt with white hearts and a pair of blue capris. I walk down stairs.

Liza's Mom: "Elizabeth I made you a snack."

Liza: "Thanks mom"

I sit down and start eating the grilled cheese half that my mom made me.

Liza: "Mom..."

Liza's Mom: "Yes sweetheart. What is it?"

Liza: "umm, do you think that you could start calling me Liza. I don't like the name Elizabeth"

Liza's Mom: "I think your name is beautiful. Who told you to start saying it was 'Liza'?"

Liza: "Gabbie started calling me Liza when we met, and then it caught on. I like being called Liza. I just want my name to be Liza"

Liza's Mom: "I guesse. Hurry up and eat, we have to go see David soon"

She turns away and dosen't keep talkijng. I can tell that she didn't like me asking her to call me somthing different but being called Liza makes me happy.