Chapter 37

~Hello beautiful people. I just have to say that I am a little over a 1000 reads from 10,000 reads. I'm literally fangirling over how awesome you all are, for getting Breathing this far!!!! I love you all!!! Thank you!!!!! ~

Chapter 37

Lo hasn't talked to me in 3 days. That was fine by me. She was being completely ridiculous. Tomorrow was New Year's Eve. I made it clear I didn't want to spend it anywhere but on the couch, with Harry wrapped around me.

"What if we invite a few people over?"

"Yea. Like who?" I was sat on the couch. Harry on the floor leaning between my legs.

"We haven't seen Louis or Zayn in a while. Ow too tight!" He winced.

"Sorry hold on" I pulled the hair tie back out. I gripped his hair wrapping the tie much looser. "Better?"

"Yes much" I thought it was funny that he still wore the pony tail even though I had stopped.

"Do you want the head band?"

"No I don't need it right now"

"Let's do something fun, I'm bored" I massaged his shoulders.

"Yea keep rubbing my shoulders like that and we'll be doing something real fun"

"Well let me stop" I pulled my hands away. He reached back pulling them around his front. I leaned down kissing his neck.

"Yea if that is suppose to have the opposite affect you're heading in the wrong direction" he turned and locked his lips with mine.

"Mmmm" I pulled away.

"What do you want to do?" He breathed.

"Anything" I rested my chin on top of his head.

"Let's do something reckless"

"Like what?" I laughed.

"I have an idea get your shoes on" he stood up.

"Let me change" I stood as well.

"You mean your going to wear something besides those sweat pants?" He teased.

"Fine I'll stay in these" sticking out my tongue before turning away.

"No I was kidding!" He followed behind me.

"Well that will teach you not to make such rude jokes" he wrapped his arms around my waist. Burying his head into my neck. He nipped at the sensitive skin."Ok stop!" I laughed.

"You love it" he joined in.

I changed into jeans and the converse he gave me for Christmas. I tugged my NYU hoodie on and pulled my hair into a high bun.

"Oh man I missed those jeans" he smirked.

"Shut up" I tried fighting the blush.

"Let's go" he grabbed my hand and we made our way out of the apartment.

"Where are we going?" I held on to his arm. The cool air causing me to shiver.

"You will see, but let's walk" he smiled down at me.

"It's cold" I whined.

"It's not far I promise" he entwined our fingers and we headed down the street. He was telling the truth about the distance. Only 5 minutes into our walk we stopped outside a tattoo shop.

"Really?" I hadn't been in one since I had my matching ink with Alex added.

"Yes really! You said reckless!" He laughed.

"No actually you said reckless" I raised my brow.

"Well you agreed" he teased."Come on don't be scared I'll hold your hand" he cooed.

"I'm not scared!" Rolling my eyes I pulled the door open. He trailed behind.

"Hey guys I'll be with you in a minute" the man at the counter greeted us before continuing his conversation on the phone.

"What you thinking about getting?" Harry eyed me as I flipped through a book of very detailed crosses.

"I don't know maybe a piercing" I smirked.

"Oh. Where?" The light in his eyes was priceless.

"Hmmm maybe my tongue?" His eyes darkened.

"Really?" He stepped towards me.

"Or maybe my...nipples?" I raised my brow.

His tongue ran over his bottom lip.

"I didn't know you were into those kind of piercings.." He rested his hands on my hips.

"I'm not!" I threw my head back laughing.

He sighed.

"Such a tease" he rolled his eyes.

"Aww did I have you excited?" I gripped his chin. Pulling his face down to mine.

"Of course. Any man would be thrilled to see you with those piercings" he snorted.

"I'm sorry" I cooed.

"No you're not" he frowned.

"You're right. I'm not! You should of seen your face though" I laughed again and he shook his head pulling away.

"How can I help you guys?" The man walked over eyeing us.

"I want a tattoo...she is...undecided?" He looked a me.

"I think I want a piercing" I smiled.

"Awesome well I can do the tat for you. What were you thinking about getting?"

"It's a surprise so I'll tell you when she's not around"

"Ok" the man laughed." Well I'm Evan. Why don't you follow me..."

"Harry" he shook his hand.

"Harry cool. And you are?"

"Charlie" I stated shaking his hand.

"Nice name" he smiled."I will send Meg out to get you for whatever piercing you want it should only be a minute"

"Ok thank you" Harry kissed me before following Evan to the back of the shop.

I looked through the book of piercings, and was almost completely turned off by the idea of putting another whole in my body. My ears had been pierced since I was a little girl, but I couldn't remember if it hurt or not.

"Charlie?" A tall brunette stood in front of me. Despite the endless tattoos covering her arms and neck, she was gorgeous.

"Yea" I stood up and was about to close the book but she reached out stopping me. She took the book from my hands looking at the page I was on before looking back to me and smiling.

"You sure you want a piercing?" She eyed me.

"I think so. Why?" Her question making me second guess.

"I don't mean to discourage you. You just look more like a tattoo type." She smiled. "Plus I don't want to put a hole in your pretty face" she held the page up I had been looking at. Nose and lip piercings covered both pages.

"Oh" I tried not to blush at her compliment but I was slightly embarrassed.

"Have you thought about a tattoo maybe?" She sat the book down, grabbing my hand and leading me to a small room in the back.

"Um I have one but I don't know about another" I shrugged out of her hold. Trying not to seem rude.

"Hmmm" she didn't seem to find offense from my removal of her contact. She walked a slow circle around me. I felt like a gazelle and she was the lioness waiting to pounce. I locked my hands together in front of me, trying not to make eye contact with the tattooed beauty.

"What's your story?"

"Excuse me?" I finally looked at her confused by her question.

"It's all over your face sweetie" she continued to study me. "It's in your body language" she guided me over to a black leather chair. "Have a seat" she almost forced me down.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about" I lied. There was no way I was telling this stranger anything about me.

"Don't be shy." she smiled. "Why are you so sad?"

"I'm not shy. I just don't want to tell a complete stranger my personal business" my tone was clipped, and more aggressive than intended. "I'm not sad either"

She laughed before responding.

"I'm Meg" she reached out a small manicured hand. "Nice to meet you Charlie"

"Same.." I was debating changing my mind all together. I was already on the fence about another tattoo anyways and her obnoxious prying wasn't helping.

"Who hurt you?" She rested her elbows on the arm of the chair. Her chin sat on top, eyes locked on me.

"Nobody! Look I came for a tattoo or piercing not a counseling session" I frowned.

"You're here with the Brit right?" She smiled.

"His name is Harry" I glared.

"He's cute." I felt my blood start to boil. Where was she going with this?
"Did he hurt you?"

"No! God will you please just mind your own business" I snapped.

"Well maybe he will know who did" she stood up. Walking to the door.

"What? No! Stop!" I jumped up grabbing her arm. "What do you want to know?" I crossed my arms.

"Whatever you need to tell me" she smiled again. Her perfect white teeth were almost taunting behind bright red lipstick covered lips.

"I don't want to tell you anything!"

"That's why I said 'need' to tell me" she raised her brow.

"I don't 'need' to tell you anything either" I tapped my foot.

"Hmm well then maybe you should leave"

She opened the door, gesturing for me to vacate the small room.

"You're kicking me out because I won't tell you my personal business?" I couldn't help the shock that crossed my face. At this point I didn't want a piercing or tattoo from this psycho but her kicking me out took me by surprise.

"No I'm kicking you out because you're a coward and I don't like cowards in my chair" I gasped as she placed her hand on my back nudging me out of the room.

"I am not a coward!" I hissed.

"Ok bye now" the solid wood door was closed in my face. I couldn't believe she was treating me like this and she didn't even know me. I was a potential customer and she just literally kicked me out of the shop. I stood there for a few minutes looking like a complete idiot I'm sure. Deciding to wait for Harry in the front of the shop. He appeared in the lobby only minutes later.

"Ok let's see it! What did you get?" He smiled.

"Nothing can we go?" I was on the verge of tears. Being called a coward by Lo had already been eating at me. This stranger had only made things worse by offering the same insult.

"Baby whats wrong? What happen?" He frowned rubbing my shoulders.

"Nothing I jut want to go home" I shrugged away.

He stepped back clearly offended by my actions.

"I just need to pay and we can go" he stated dryly.

He handed his card to Evan and waited for his receipt. Meg stepped behind the counter. A small smirk as she locked her eyes on me. I turned away from her, not wanting her to see she had got to me.

"Thanks again Even" he shook his hand.

"No problem man. Let me know if you decide to complete the sleeve. I'd love to work on it"

"Of course" Harry smiled walking over to me.

"Ready?" He questioned.

"Yea" we walked towards the door.

"See ya soon Charlie" I looked back at Meg. She definitely would not be seeing me soon. I rolled my eyes pushing the door open. Harry looked from me to her and then followed.

"Hey! What was that?" I walked fast wanting to get out of the cold. He sped walked next to me.

"Nothing" I focused ahead of me.

"That was definitely something. Trust me after seeing you and Lo go at it. I definitely know what you look like when you're ready to rip someone's face off"

"Just drop it Harry please."

"No." He stopped walking. I turned around facing him. "No I won't drop it Charlie. You keep doing this. Things seem to get a little better and then you shut down again"

"Please don't do this right now Harry. It's cold and I just want to be home"

"Then tell me what's wrong" he stood his ground.

"It's nothing! I'm fine ok please just let it go" I sighed.

"Looks like you're on the couch tonight then" he walked past me.

"Excuse me?" Was he serious? "You can't put me on the couch!"

I turned around watching him walk away. Standing there waiting for him to turn around was a lost cause. I continued walking following him up the stairs into our building. He unlocked the door. Walking in he threw his jacket across the chair in the living room.

"I'm not sleeping on the couch" I stood with my hands resting on my hips.

"Well you're not sleeping in our room. Maybe Niall will share with you. He flopped down on to the couch. Grabbing the remote he started flipping through channels.

"I am not sharing with Niall either!" I rolled my eyes at his stupid suggestion.

"Well I don't know what to tell you baby" he refused to look at me. I moved in front of the tv crossing my arms.

"I'm sleeping in the bedroom"

"Move" he frowned.

"No"

"You make a better door than a window love" he glared.

"You make a better asshole than a boyfriend!" I shot back.

He released a deep laugh.

"What's so funny?" I stated narrowing my eyes.

"You" he stood up walking past me. I followed him to the kitchen. Where he opened the fridge pulling out a bottle of bud light.

"Yea let's add alcohol to the mix" sarcasm laced my tone.

"You're driving me to drinking at the moment" he laughed again.

"Wow really? Dramatic much?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yea really just let it go love. I'm not caving" he took a swig.

"Whatever. This isn't over" I walked out of the kitchen. An idea popping in my head and I turned around. "Actually you win. I'll leave you alone" he frowned eyeing me.

"What are you up to?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing.." I backed out of the kitchen. He took a step towards me and then another. I turned making a mad dash for the bedroom. He was right behind me. I slammed the door just as he caught up. Locking it quickly.

"Open the door Charlie!" He pounded his fist against the wood.

"Nope! Shouldn't have been a jerk!" I pulled my hoody off, dropping it to the floor before climbing on to the bed. It was only 5 but I could stay in here for the rest of the night.

"Open the door!" He yelled.

I closed my eyes blocking out his angry protest. I had only been laying there ten minutes maybe when I heard the lock click. My eyes shot open, and I sat up eyeing him in the door way.

"How?" I frowned.

"It comes with a key love" he walked over scooping me off the bed.

"Put me down!" I wailed.

"No can do!" I was tossed on to his shoulder. I reached down slamming my fist into his back. He released a growl letting me know I was getting to him.

"Put me down!!! Now!!!" He walked into the hallway before setting me on my feet. Thinking he was going to walk away but he pinned me against the wall. My wrist were held tight next to my head.

"Keep your hands to yourself" he stated through clenched teeth. I hadn't seen Harry this angry. It was scary and a turn on all in one.

"Let me go" I snapped.

He glared at me. Still not releasing my wrists. His face was right next to mine. His chest was rising and falling at a rapid pace.

"Why are you so difficult?" He growled.

"Why are you so...so. I don't know what you are but it's frustrating!" I shot back.

He shoved off of the wall releasing my wrists.

"Animal!" I hissed.

"Brat!" He challenged.

I pushed his shoulders causing him to stumble back against the opposite wall. He looked at me shock flashing across his face before more anger. I turned to walk away but he grabbed me by my arm pulling me back. I turned swinging my hand up but he caught it.

"I'm not Lo love!" His breathing was uneven. The anger was getting the best of him. I tried pulling away but he held tight. Our eyes locked on each other. A stand off.

"Let me go" I pulled my eyebrows together in a frown.

He glared a little longer. I tried pulling away again and he pulled me to his chest. Still holding my wrist.

"I said le-" his lips were crashed into mine.

~Just a reminder to Vote and Comment. I know I've said this 100 times, but I really like reading your comments and reactions to chapters. So please keep them coming!!! And of course voting just makes me feel all fuzzy inside cause I know you want more haha~