Chapter 55

Chapter 55

"I'm not excited to see you that's the point" I frowned."Why are you here? How did you even know where I lived?"

"Oh come on baby bro. Haven't you missed me just a little?" She pushed past me into my apartment.

"Get out. I didn't invite you in!"

"Gemma?" I heard Niall speak from the living room.

"Niall! How are you?" I slammed the door. Walking back to the living room.

"Get out Gemma!" I wasn't ready to explain my half sister to Charlie, and I knew she would be back soon.

"Shit Harry, When did you get so tatted? Is this the new bad boy version? " She smirked.

I immediately felt annoyed that I didn't put a shirt on before answering the door. We had just got back from the gym and I didn't want to get sweat on the furniture.

"Get out!" I barked.

She was the most infuriating person I have ever known. During the time my mum and dad were dating, he had cheated. We didn't find out about Gemma until after he left us. I was almost 12 before we knew she existed. Somehow he's the one with trust issues though.

"Dad asked me to check on you. He said some girl had you wrapped around her finger and he wanted me-"

"Gemma I don't care what dad told you. All I want is for you to leave. NOW!"

"Wow she's really doing a number on you isn't she?" She teased. "Turning you into a real man?" She rolled her eyes taking a seat next to Niall, resting her hand on his inner thigh. "Have you missed me Niall?"

"No" he pushed her off.

"Aww that hurts my feelings" she pouted. She touched his cheek and he jerked away.

"Gemma if you don't leave right now I swear to god I'm going to throw you out myself" my hands tightened into hard fist.

I would never hit my sister or any woman, but I wasn't opposed to assisting her out of my apartment.

"I'll leave little bro. Just know I'll be back"

"Don't bother!" I snapped.

"Well we might still run into each other" she smiled.

"Why would we?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Because I'm your new neighbor" she cupped my chin. "I've missed you Harry" I pushed her hand away.

"Are you fucking serious?" I was in complete shock.

"If you need me I'll be two floors up. Bye Niall" she smiled sweetly before walking to the door.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Niall stood when she was gone.

I ran my hands through my hair.

"I-I don't know. Shit! How am I going to explain this to Charlie?"

I was pacing instantly.

"Wait you never told Charlie about Gemma?" Niall watched me.

"No! There was no reason too! I haven't seen her in 3 years!" My head was starting to pound.

"Your sister is a fucking psycho! Do you remember freshman year? Because it's still very fresh in my memory!" He eyed me waiting for a reply.

He was pacing next to me now. This shit is annoying. No wonder Charlie always told me to stop.

"Yes Niall I remember"

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't fucking know! Just give me a minute." I stopped pacing sighing deeply as I tried to clear my thoughts.

"No way!" I heard Charlie's laughter fill the apartment.

"Charlie I'm telling you if you name the kid Harlie that brings you and Harry together and it won't matter if it's a boy or a girl"

"No Lo that is so tacky. Hey babe" She walked over handing me a container of yogurt and kissing my cheek. "What's wrong?" Concern in her eyes.

"Nothing just thinking" I kissed her before walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a spoon and walked back.

"Niall why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" Lo laughed

"Just tired. I'm fine though" he sat down pulling her on to his lap.

"Babe Lo thinks we should name Buzz Harlie" she grinned. I sat in the recliner and she sat on the floor in front of me.

"Harlie?"

"It's my name and your name combined" she laughed.

She was so beautiful. Even sitting on the floor in one of my old band shirts and leggings. I watched as she giggled about the corny name. Lo defending it. Times like this life was so simple. Why couldn't it stay like this.

"Harry? Har-ry!"

"Huh?" I was brought out of my thoughts.

"What do you think about Aidan?"

"Aidan? I like that but that's a boys name" I was confused Charlie had been set on it being a girl from the beginning.

"I'm just saying if it happens to be a boy..I like Aidan" I could tell by the way she blushed. She had put thought into it.

"I love it" I smiled.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up. The grin spreading from ear to ear.

I sat my yogurt down on the end table and slipped out of the chair and on to the floor.

"What are you doing?" She laughed.

"Come here"

"Why" she eyed me.

"Just come here" she smiled walking on her knees over to me. I pulled her down so her back was to my chest, legs stretched out in front of her and crossed. She rested her head against my shoulder. Her once flat stomach had a bit of roundness to it. I pushed her shirt up, rubbing my hand over the smooth skin of her belly.

"It's crazy that there's a baby in there. My baby at that"

"I know it's weird. I never saw myself pregnant. At least not now. Maybe down the road, but not before college was done" she sighed.

"I never pictured myself as a dad, that's for sure. I'm glad it's with you though"

"I think I liked it better when you two were fighting." I looked up as Lo rolled her eyes.

"Be nice god mama or you will be replaced" Charlie warned.

My phone went off and I reached into my pocket pulling it out. Charlie sat up rubbing her feet not paying me any mind.

Unknown:
Hey little bro lets do lunch tomorrow

Harry:
No.

Unknown:
I think you will change your mind :)

Harry:
No. I really won't.

Unknown:
I guess I'll just make a call to dad..letting him know your little girlfriend is still around...

Harry:
Gemma why do you have to be such a bitch?

Unknown:
Because it bothers you and that's what I live for. Noon tomorrow meet me downstairs.

Harry:
Fuck you.

Unknown:
Noon little bro...dad's on speed dial ;)

"Who are you talking to?" Charlie eyed me.

"Nobody important"

"You look like your about to kill someone" she teased.

"No I'm good baby honestly. However that might change if Niall doesn't put my yogurt down!"

"Man this is good. I thought it was chick food but this is really good" he continued shoveling it down his throat.

"I really don't like you just so you're aware" I glared at him.

"Watch out for him Charlie. This one has anger issues" Niall joked.

"Tell me about it" she rolled her eyes.

"Are you done talking about me like I'm not here?" I shot them both a look.

"Temper temper daddy Styles." Lo joined in.

"I officially don't like any of you!" I pouted.

"You love Buzz though." Charlie smiled.

"He's the only one!"

"She!"

"He!"

"You both are wrong it's a grimlin" Niall laughed.

We both glared at him.

"Jeez I was kidding!"

The next day I waited until Charlie left for classes before getting dressed. I was not looking forward to my lunch with Gemma. I'd rather talk to my dad. After dressing in my usual black jeans and one of the plaid button ups Charlie bought me, I grabbed my Keys heading for the door.

"Afternoon little bro" I whipped around seeing Gemma on the couch in the living room.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" I barked.

"Wow down boy."she laughed. "Dad gave me a key" she dangled the silver key between her fingers.

"How the hell does he have a key?" This was how he got in my apartment all those times.

"You would have to ask him." She got up walking towards me.

"Lunch is on you!" She pulled the front door open slipping out.

I sighed following her.

We walked to a nearby bar, sliding into a booth in the back.

"So what is it that you want?" I asked. We had been here 15 minutes and all we accomplished was ordering food and glaring at each other.

"I told you dad sent me." She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Why? Last I checked he cut you off" I raised my brow.

"Well you're my ticket back in. If I keep tabs on you and make sure you get back to London in 3 months I'm back in his will" she smirked.

"He sent you to babysit me? I would of been better off with wolves" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey give me more credit." She frowned.

"No that's alright. You can go back to where ever it is you crawled from. I'm fine. I'll handle dad" I picked up the second beer I ordered taking a swig. I normally didn't drink this early in the day, but I don't know one person that can handle Gemma sober.

"I'm not going anywhere Harry." She turned serious. A change from her usual careless demeanor.

"Why? What's really in it for you? The last time I saw you, you said you didn't care about the will. What's changed?" I took another drink. The spark in her eyes let me know I struck a nerve.

"None of your business. Just get rid of the bitch and come back to London" she snapped.

"I have a different plan" I eyed her.

"What's that?" She picked at the fries on her plate.

"You go back to London and leave me the fuck alone"

"Does Charlie know about me?" She narrowed her eyes trying to read my reaction.

I had to play it cool or she would go out of her way to make sure Charlie found out and not how I wanted.

"Yea." I brought the bottle to my lips for a 3rd time in less than 2 minutes.

She laughed.

"You have always been a terrible liar" she smirked.

" I'm not lying" I rolled my eyes.

"You really are, that's ok though.
How was the rest of your freshman year by the way?"

"After you almost made sure I didn't return for junior year? It was great!" I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh you and Niall were just too easy." She shook her head obviously thinking back to the last time we saw her. A small laugh escaping her crooked smile.

"You almost got him killed! And me! Is that funny?" I slammed my fist on the table.

"Yea it is actually. If you would have just paid attention you could of avoided all that shit." She snorted.

"You're such a fucking bitch Gemma" I shook my head.

"You think that was being a bitch? Fuck with my plans to get back on dad's good side and I'll show you how much of a bitch I can be"

Her dark hair hung over her shoulders, perfectly straightened. Framing her make up caked face. I made a mental note to thank Charlie for not being one of those girls who relied on six layers of make up to be considered pretty.

Her bright white teeth didn't fit with her scowl. She was definitely our fathers daughter. Between her perfect appearance to her bitchy bite he screamed Eric Styles offspring. It was almost humiliating being related to them. She had always gotten her way just like him. Until the spring of my freshman year at NYU. That was her biggest fuck up. She was usually able to cry or sweet talk her way out of anything. This time was different. Almost killing your younger brother and his friend is one thing dad couldn't look past I guess. She was toxic to anyone she came into contact with.

"Mind your own business Gemma and you will get your way. You always did" I finished off my second beer since we had arrived 30 minutes earlier.

"Hmm should I order you another chugs?" She raised her brow.

"I wouldn't accept water from you. So that's alright" I sat the bottle down.

"Whatever. What's so special about this girl that dad is willing to put me back in his good graces, just to see that you two are not together?" She leaned on her elbows. Smiling as she rested her chin on her folded hands.

"Everything" I spoke truthfully.

"Aww it's your first real love. Is the bitch really good at blow jobs or something?"

I slammed my fist on the table for the second time during this bullshit lunch I was roped into.

"Don't talk about her like that!" I growled.

"Calm down it was a joke Harold" she rolled her eyes.

I didn't like the nickname coming from her. Charlie was the only one I was ok with calling me that.

"Go to hell!" I pulled out my wallet taking twenty dollars out and placing it on the table. I stood up ready to be done with this shit.

"Look I don't care what you do with your little girlfriend. As long as you're occupying the seat next to me on the plane in May, you can pretend everything is just peachy."

"Don't count on it!" I spoke through clenched teeth. I turned leaving her sitting in the booth.

"Harry!" I turned back. "Don't push me. You of all people know what I'm capable of" she smirked.

I turned stepping out of the small bar. I needed to figure out a real plan quick.