Chapter 39

~Hey! It sounded like we needed a slightly happier chapter...so I've worked like crazy to get this done for you all today. I do have a plan for the story that I'm following but I agree it was getting a bit depressing lol. Hope you like it!!!~

Chapter 39

Harry's POV

Ahhh I knew getting that tattoo could go one of two ways. I just hoped it would be the other.

"Fuck!!! So fucking stupid!" I paced back and forth through the living room. If Charlie was here she would tell at me to stop, but of course she wasn't.

"What are you doing?" I was pulled from my thoughts. My eyes met my roommates.

"Uh nothing. What's up?"

"Bro your pacing in your underwear yelling fuck...am I missing something?"

He looked a bit uncomfortable.

"It's fine I'm just thinking out loud" I half smiled.

"You're thinking about 'fucking' out loud?" Niall smirked at his terrible joke.

"You know what? Go away!" I was already irritated and he wasn't helping as usual.

"Hey what you and Charlie find kinky I'm not judging" he laughed.

"Niall this is serious. Help me or go the fuck away. Oh my god I can't believe I'm asking you for help" I'd reached a new low.

"Hey I'm helpful I don't know why you don't come to me more often" he defended himself.

"The only thing you're helpful with is finishing a pizza" I glared at him.

"Mmm pizza" he seemed to be lost in thought.

"Forget it" I went back to pacing.

"Ok Charlie is right about your pacing the shits annoying" Niall flopped down on the couch. "So what did you do now"

"I think I fucked up. Real bad..."

"Yea that's not surprising" he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously?" I narrowed my eyes at my very unhelpful friend.

"Well she's always mad at you for something. How did you find the most hormonal girl in the world to fall in love with?"

"She's going through things Niall, I'm understanding!" I snapped. We may be fighting but I wasn't going to let him take shots at her.

"Ok! Ok chill." He threw his hands up in defense. "So what happen?"

I pulled the bandage off of the tattoo.

"And beyond..?" He looked at me, as his eyes widened. "You got the other half of her tattoo? The one her ex practically made her get? Are you smoking something?"

"Wait how do you know about that?"

"Lo told me. Her ex was an asshole man. Yea you definitely fucked up..." He shook his head.

"Shit. I knew it was a bad idea" I ran my hand over my face. "What else do you know?"

"Charlie should tell you. It's not my place" he shrugged.

"Are you fucking kidding me Niall? You can't keep your mouth shut about anything and now you won't help me out?" I was hovered over him. My hands ready to ring his neck for not telling me sooner.

"Wow calm down. I'll tell you what Lo told me" he leaned away from my defensive stance.

"Spill it!" I growled.

"He broke her man. He talked her into having sex after telling her he would marry her. She thought he was 'the one'. He ended up cheating on her not to long after. He really fucked her up. You should just talk to her though." he sighed.

I'm so stupid. Why did I get this tattoo. No wonder Charlie hates me.

Charlie's POV

"What?" Her eyes were cold.

"I need to talk to you" my voice trembled. I was still holding back tears.

"About?" She crossed her arms.

"Ok Lo I'm sorry for punching you."

"And?" She glared.

"Threatening to break your nose..."

"And?"

"I don't know what else I'm suppose to be sorry for?" She was not making this easy.

"How about being a bitch when I'm just trying to look out for my best friend?" She raised her brow.

I nodded. The tears were starting to break free of the weak barrier.

"Oh for god sakes don't cry just hug me!" She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and I hugged her back. She noticed my tears weren't letting up and knew something was wrong. "Now as much as I know you missed me..these tears aren't for me are they?"

I didn't want to be rude and agree so I just shrugged.

"Ok what happen?" She tried to pull me into the apartment but I resisted.

"Oh. Um let's go get some food?" She smiled.

"Ok" I nodded.

"Char why is your hair all over the place?"

I had completely forgot about Harry and I's escapades only minutes before.

"Oh um. Nothing I was...sleeping"

"Sleeping? Uh huh.." She smirked.

The blush crept on my cheeks and I half smiled. She grabbed her keys and we headed to a near by restaurant.

"He did not?" Her mouth hung open after I told her of Harry's most recent ink.

"He did" I frowned.

"Have you told him?" She gasped.

"No..." I rested my face in my hands. This was all my fault.

"Oh Charlie. You have to tell him you can't expect him to know these things" she sighed.

"I know. I just don't want to go back to that. You know how bad it was"

"Yes I do but Harry is not Alex. He's not going to hurt you like he did"

"I know. My mind is just fucked up right now. Remember what I said at the beginning of the year?"

She nodded.

"I wanted this year to go smooth. I spent 8 months hating every male that I came in contact with. I was angry, bitter, and when I finally got past that I swore I wouldn't let it happen again. Then here comes Harry. Charming and gorgeous and I fell for him. But everything has been so crazy, I'm just so overwhelmed."

"Hun you need a vacation" she laughed.

"I need a mental hospital" I joked.

"That too, but a vacation would be a nice start" she teased.

"True" I smiled.

"Look why don't you and Harry spend a week somewhere. I mean we don't go back to school for almost a month. The trial isn't until the end of January and you could use some time to clear your head."

"Yea. Maybe we should all do something together. You and Niall could come" I smiled.

"Hmmm I'm always down for a vacation" she beamed.

"Ok well I need to talk to Harry before I do anything" I sighed.

"Yes. Yes you do"

After ordering an appetizer to split. We made the short walk back to the apartment. My feet felt like bricks as I stood in front of Harry's door.

"Come on Charlie." Lo encouraged.

I pushed the key in, turning the lock and opening the door.

"Harry?" I called for him. Not expecting him to answer. When he didn't I walked further into the apartment. He wasn't in the living room or the kitchen. Lo followed as I turned down the hall to his room. Our room. I turned the knob and the door cracked slightly.

"Yea I just got it. How soon would you be able to cover it? Ok cool it's just a couple words so very small"

Not thinking I pushed the door all the way open barging into the room.

"No! Don't cover it!" He jumped from his sitting position on the bed.

"I'll have to call you back. Thank you!" He eyed me cautiously.

"I'm sorry! I should of told you. I shouldn't have freaked out. But please don't cover it!" My words spilled out like vomit. I was crossing the room to stand in front of him.

"I'll give you two a minute" I looked back as Lo smiled, closing the door.

"You made up with Lo?" He looked shocked.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry Harry I should have told you everything. I just didn't want to think about my past and I didn't want you to judge me. I was stupid and naive-"

"Hey calm down. I would never judge you. Don't ever think that. I'm sorry too. I should have told you what I wanted to get. I chose to ignore that little voice saying 'bad idea mate'. I just thought it would make you feel better about yours to know that finally someone who meant it shared the other half" he offered a crooked smile.

"I know. I over reacted. That tattoo is just a curse in my mind. I never wanted it in the first place. He just said it proved his love for me. Toy story was also one of my favorite movies and he used that against me" I tried to stifle an embarrassed laugh.

"Well I'm not him I really do want to be with you as long as possible" he wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried not to read into what he was saying.

"I know you're not him. You could never be him" I sighed laying my head against his chest.

"Are you ready to talk now?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Ready no. Do I need to for my sanity and yours? Yes" his chest vibrated against my cheek as laughter ripped through him.

"Well I'm all ears love"