Chapter 46

Chapter 46

"This flight back is going to be sooo long" I leaned against Harry as he got settled into his seat.

"Water Charlie?" Lo held a bottle of water across the isle.

"Sure" I took it twisting the cap off.

"No baby don-"

I took a drink looking at him.

"What?"

"Nothing never mind" he frowned looking at Lo. I laughed handing the bottle back to Lo.

"Want some Harry?" She held up the bottle again. A grin plastered on her face.

"No I'm good" he narrowed his eyes.

"Here you go Niall all yours" she smiled.

"Well you should sleep good" Harry laughed.

"Why?"

"Lo keeps drugging you love" he kissed my cheek before laying his seat back and closing his eyes.

"What?" I was confused.

Harry's POV

"Wake up baby" I shook her gently.

It had been a long week. I slept the whole flight back and I assume Charlie did to, thanks to Lo. Once we had all our bags we made our way to the parking garage. Driving home was a nightmare. L.A. Traffic had been bad but nothing like New York.

"Home sweet home" I used my foot to push the door open once it was unlocked.

"I need to finish my nap" Charlie sat the backpacks down, before walking towards the bedroom.

I pulled the suitcases in leavening them by the door.

As I locked he door I heard A scream.

"Oh my god!"

I turned around and she was standing in the hallway looking into the living room. Her hand rested on her chest. I rushed over.

"What's wrong?" I checked her over. She seemed fine.

"Welcome home son" my eyes shot to the voice coming from the living room. My dad stood in the middle of the room. If looks could kill Charlie and I would be dead.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"Well when you don't use an emergency credit card very often. Then someone puts four round trip plane tickets on it. The credit card company gets a bit concerned." His eyes moved to Charlie.

"Hello...again" he rolled his eyes. "Did you have fun?"

"I'll pay you back just get out" I growled.

"Yes. You will pay me back son. Not in the way you think though" he smirked.

"Charlie go lay down in our room. I'll be in there in a minute" I gently pushed on the small of her back.

"Our room? What is she living here now" he snorted.

"Yea. She is. Now get out. I said I'll pay you back"

Charlie was still standing next to me eyeing my father.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me! This girl is now living with you?" He pointed and angry finger in her direction.

"Charlie go!" She looked at me before nodding and walking away.

"You are ruining everything! I didn't bring you here to shack up with some sl-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" My fist balled at my side.

"Why are you doing this? That girl has caused nothing but problems since coming into the picture. She probably planned that damn attack so you would feel bad and stay with her!"

"Get the fuck out of my apartment! What the hell is wrong with you? How could you ever think she planned that? You have got to be the most self centered bastard to ever walk the fucking earth!" I was losing my shit. The space between us was closing. That was only going to end bad for one of us.

"You're coming back to London" he spoke through clenched teeth.

"I'm really not. I'll visit mum but that's it!"

"You will come back to London after graduation. That is final!"

"Maybe you're not hearing me. IM NOT GOING BACK!" I barked. I was picturing my hands wrapping around his neck.

"You will come back. Or I'll make a quick phone call letting the credit card company know my card was stolen" he raised his brow.

I couldn't help the laugh that erupted from me.

"Stolen? I'm on the fucking card dad. It doesn't work like that" I shook my head. He was ridiculous.

"No you're not." He smirked.

"Excuse me?"

"You're not on the card. I had your name taken off when I found out about that girl! I wasn't going to risk you giving her money or her finding a way to steal it."

"For the last fucking time! She does not want any of my money!!" I was furious. Money was all he thought about. That and how to keep people from getting his.

"That's where you're wrong son. It's not your money either." He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his perfectly creased dress pants. "Break up with her or I'm cutting you off. Completely. That means no rent, no car, and no school. I will take my name off of everything"

"You can't do that!" How dare he threaten me. I was doing everything in my power to stay calm.

"But I can. And I will. You know that." He stepped towards me."You have till the end of the month to figure out whats more important. Your future working with me or that slut. Don't make me choose for you" he moved past me and out the door.

"FUCK!!" My fist was slammed into the wall. "God dammit!!!" I clutched my fist with my other hand.

"Harry?" Charlie's small voice called out from the bedroom.

"Everything's fine. Just go rest it was a long flight" I refused to look at her. I knew if I did she would ask what happen. I wouldn't be able to keep it from her and she would tell me to go back to London. She was already afraid she was coming between my family and I, and I wouldn't give her another reason to think that.

"Are you ok? I heard a loud-"

"Just go lay down baby please. Everything is fine I swear" I held on to my sore hand. Looking down at it, I could see the bruising coming in already.

"Ok" I knew she was still standing in the door way. I waited until I heard the click of the door closing before I made my way to the kitchen. My knuckles were turning a dark purple. I filled a paper towel with ice and held it on my sore hand. What the hell was I going to do? I pulled out my phone to call Niall.

"I need some help. Can you meet me downstairs in 15?"

He agreed and I grabbed my keys. I looked in on Charlie and she was already asleep. I closed the door and waited for Niall at the entrance of our building.

"Hey what's up?" He walked down the stairs.

"I don't want to talk here let's go somewhere else. I'll drive"

He nodded and we headed to my truck.

"Wait so your dad is making you choose between prison and Charlie?"

"Pretty much. He can't do that. I mean can he do that?" My mind was racing I couldn't think straight anymore.

"I don't know. Do you think your dad would really let them arrest you for this?"

"I wouldn't put it past him" I sighed.

"If you were on the card at one point maybe you could argue that he set you up. He told you you were on it then removed you without warning. I told you that was a bad idea" he shook his head.

"Really Niall? Not right now please. I just need advice" I groaned.

"How bout don't charge an entire vacation to your dad's emergency credit card!" He raised his brow.

"You're really not helping at the moment" I glared at him.

"Sorry." He looked away for a second."Ok well I could cover rent until this all blows over or you pay him back." He offered.

"No I can't do that. I won't ask you to do that." Running my fingers through my hair, I tugged out of frustration.

"What if you went back to London for the summer? Just till things calm down and then come back"

"And leave Charlie for 3 months? That might be the worst idea you have ever had"

"3 months or 5 years in prison?" He took a drink of his soda.

"This is so fucked up! Why can't my dad just see that I'm happy? Why does he have to be a controlling prick!"

"Look talk to Charlie. I'm sure she would understand."

"I can't do that. She will freak out if she thinks I'm leaving her" his ideas were getting worse by the minute.

"Harry you know your dad is not going to give. Play his game or prepare for the consequences. That's how it's been since I've known you."

"I'm sick of his games Niall. He just wants to have control of everything. I can't let him control me and my future. Charlie is my future and I refuse to let him take that away!"

"I get it I do. But You have to figure out something or this battle is already lost" he sighed.

"I know. I just don't have any clue how to handle this." Niall was right about everything. I should never have used his card. My biggest worry right now was that my dad was going to win.