Chapter 5 ~ Love At First Sight

"Which did you choose?", Leo asks.

"I choose 1", I blush

"So did I", he smiles.

"Josh... Do you maybe wanna have lunch with me and Lily?", he asks.

"Sure I'd love to", I reply.

Math class really sucked. I really hated Math. Math wasn't my best subject, the only thing running thru my head during Math class was lunch with Leo. What is with me today? I'm losing focus which is unlike me.

As Leo and Lily went ahead to grab a good seat I slowly walk there trying to gather an appropriate mindset. A voice then called out to me.

"Yo Josh!", he says

I turned around to find Christian. A jolt of reality then hit me. I completely forgot Christian existed. Gosh, I'm a terrible friend!!!

"Christian. I'm gonna have lunch with Leo and Lily. Wanna join us?", I ask.

"Oh that guy you've been drooling over?", he asks.

"Erm... No... Um ...", I blush.

"Just be careful. I have a really bad feeling about that guy", he warns.

As we entered the cafeteria, there sat Leo and Lily waiting.

"You're lunch looks amazing Josh. Did your mom make it?", asks Leo drooling.

"Oh, No, I live alone remember", I say

It was pasta. The only thing I'm capable of making apparently.

"What about you Leo? Do you live alone?", asks Christian.

"Kinda... I'm from around here and my parents are away at the moment", Leo replies.

"Oh... It must be hard on you", says Christian.

"Not really. I'm a capable guy", smiles Leo.

"Do you have a girlfriend?", asks Christian.

"I don't. I'd like to focus on my studies right now, a relationship might steal my focus", Leo replies.

Christian then smiled while looking at me with this smug look on his face.

"So how long have you and Josh been friends?", Leo asks awkwardly.

"5 Years. So have you ever had a boyf...", Christian asks as Lily yells out in pain.

Whoops.. It would seem I kicked Lily instead of kicking Christian. I gave Christian the death stare, we all awkwardly finished our lunch without saying a single word. The bell then rang and broke the tension.

"Oiii! What the hell Are you doing!!?", I yell to Christian.

"You wanted to know if he was gay right?", Christian replied.

"Yeah I'd like to know but this isn't the way to go about it", I say

"I'm just looking out for you. I don't want you getting hurt by some douche", he insisted.

"I don't need protection! I'm capable of handling myself Chris!", I say while storming off.

I then headed to the Theatre. There I saw Leo sitting alone in the corner.

"I'm really sorry about Christian ...", I say.

"Oh, it's okay. I guess he's just looking out for a friend", Leo smiles.

"He's more like a brother to me", I reply.

"Ahhh I see. That's good to hear", says Leo.

"Listen up misfits', I'm Mr. Claude, your performance teacher.", a voice says

We look up to find a man on the stage, clearly a "rainbow person". He looked quite shady like the 'Come into my van' type.

"Idiot..", a voice says from beyond the stage curtain.

Approaching the stage was a tall woman, she looked quite young, she had long brown hair and wore a black long dress.

"Why gotta ruin my vibe like that Stephanie?", says Mr. Claude.

"Listen up I'm Miss Stephanie. Oktoberfest is coming up. It's a grand day for this school. The townspeople gather here to celebrate the festival with us, you noobs will be putting on a show for them. There will be teams of 6, Claude, and I as well as the audience will be your judges. We test all noobs that come here the same way. I suggest you try very hard to pass. If you fail you fail my class. Get it?", she says.

"The teams of 6, showtime is October 8th to 11th, 4 days, 4 teams. 1 winner When I call your name please step up. Leo Atlas, Alexandra Fields, Christian Collins, Dante Christo, Lily Halls and .... Josh Trainor, team 1, your deadline will be October 8th, your topic will be "Love at First Sight".

As we all introduced ourselves. I couldn't help but feel so happy being paired with Leo again, Leo kept quiet, there was something upsetting him.

"Thanks for your directions the other day", says a voice behind me.

"Oh you're the directions guy from before", I reply

"Yeah, Bro. I'm Dante", he says.

He looked pretty good, he shaved and now looks completely different from the guy I saw that day.

"Let's meet up at the library on Saturday to discuss our performance?", says Alexandra.

"Why not discuss it now?", asks Dante

"There's still a month and a half left till the performance. We shouldn't rush it", she replies.

We then spent the two periods getting to know each other. Everyone seemed fun. Both Leo and Christian barely spoke which made me worry.

Biology was quite boring. When the school bell rang I was getting ready to head out. I was so incredibly hungry.

As I walked outside I noticed that rain was pouring. I opened my umbrella and I step out into the rain.

"Josh!!", a voice yells.

I turned around to find Leo.

"Urm... So... Do you mind sharing that umbrella with me? I'd run thru it but I don't want a repeat of this morning, I'm really hungry and I'd like to go home as soon as possible.", says Leo.

"Sure. Where do you live?", I ask.

"The school's dorm. Do you know where it is?", he says.

"I do. I stay there to", I reply

"Oh. What luck! Would you mind if I walked home with you?", he smiles.

"Sure. Let's go", I smile as we enter the pouring rain.

~Chapter Art: Dante~