Chapter 29 ~ Light of Days Gone By

"Leo", I say as my heart skipped a beat.

"Mr. Atlas", corrected Candice.

My eyes then filled with water.

"Hey Josh, what's wrong?", asks Candice.

"It's fine Candice. Josh and I are acquainted", he says.

"Oh?", she asks.

"Do you mind leaving us for a minute Candice?", says Leo.

I maintain my composure as Candice left the room.

"Josh", he says to me.

"Leo", I say to him.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions but I have to attend a meeting. I'll answer whatever questions you may have later but for now, I have a request", he says.

"What is it?", I ask.

"Read this. It's a draft. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.", he says while handing me a couple of papers.

"Ok", I reply.

"I hope you haven't given up on your dream to become a writer?", he asks.

"No", I reply.

"Good. At 5 PM, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the story", he says.

"Sure", I reply.

What is happening right now? This doesn't seem like a dream. This is reality.

Leo was here. He's standing right in front of me, he looks the same. He had on a black suit with a purple tie and his hair was neat.

Candice then led me out of his office and into mine.

"Are you okay Josh? You look like you've seen a ghost", she asks.

"Oh. I'm fine", I say with my eyes still wide open.

"This draft that he gave you, he's testing you so do your best", she says to me.

I pick the book up and read the title "The Guy and the Ghost"

Chapter 1

I had a feeling today was going to be a good day. I peer at the clock. It was 8:20 AM. I was super late for school. I hurry outside to find it was raining. I was already late so I decided to run through it. It wasn't raining heavily so I thought I could make it, I thought wrong. Just when I was so close to school I fell into a puddle of water, soaking me from head to toe, there was a heavy downpour soon after. I arrived at school soaking wet.

I rush to class and everyone's eyes were glued to mine, out of all of those stares, one particular stare caught my attention. There he stood at the corner of the class with his eyes on me. Everyone's eyes pierced into my soul but his eyes pierced my heart.

I then gasp as I drop the papers. He wrote this, I'll never forget that day... Even if I try to.

I picked the papers up and put them in order, luckily they were numbered. There were 15 pages and 4 chapters. I read each chapter carefully. This draft contains the memory of me and Leo's time together, in great detail. Took me 45 minutes to complete reading it. I finally did and I put it down.

My phone then beeped as I picked it up.

From Unknown: It seems you've finally finished reading it. What do you think? (12:37 PM)

Josh: Leo? How did you even know I finished reading it? (12:37 PM)

Unknown: I'm watching you. *tease face emoji*

Josh: That's really creepy *angry face emoji*

Unknown: Cameras'.

Josh: Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting?

Unknown: It's a boring meeting. What did you think about it?

Josh: You'll get my opinion at the allotted time you've given me.

Unknown: Fine. How about I stare at you till 5 PM? Bosses request? *hands praying emoji*

I immediately got up to find Candice. I walked around and eventually found her.

"I'm done reading the draft. Anything else I can do?", I ask.

"Well. Brandon's orders were 'let him run free when he's done to do whatever he pleases' ", she says.

I then sigh and smiled.

"Go site seeing Josh. Take lunch when you need it. You can relax and walk around", she says.

I walked around and found the lunchroom. In the lunchroom was a coffee machine. My eyes filled with sparkles when I saw it. I immediately made a cup. I then heard a beep.

From unknown: Make me a cup too? (1:20 PM)

Josh: Focus on your meeting. (1:22 PM)

Unknown: There are other things I'd like to focus on at the moment ...

Josh: Um......

Unknown: I'm kidding lol. See you soon babe *kiss emoji*

Josh: Don't do that .....

Leo: Very well...

That left a bad taste in my mouth. Babe? I'm relieved to hear that but so mad at the same time...