Chapter 19 ~ Sin and Sacrifice

Sorry about my lateness, work has me so busy. I do apologize, here's an extra-long chapter.

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011

Leo's Apartment: 8:20 PM

"Christian?", I say as my eyes widen in fear.

"Josh! What's going on? Why is there blood on your hands?", he asks with a worried look.

"Wh... What are you doing here?", I ask with tears in my eyes.

"You weren't in your apartment so I came down here a few moments ago... Josh what's going on?", he asks.

"Leo isn't here", I say crying.

"Oh My God! What happened?", he asks.

"I... I don't know. I just came in here and saw blood everywhere and there's a tub filled with blood in the bathroom.", I cried.

Christian immediately called 911. Within 10 minutes the police and paramedics arrived. Christian and I were questioned by the police but to no avail. Leo and Rose were missing. We were ordered to stay in my apartment with a policeman standing guard at the door. We weren't allowed to leave until this was sorted out.

10:25 PM

Christian and I stood around and waited but no word came. All I could do is cry. Christian tried to comfort me but it didn't work. I was so worried and scared. I took a hot shower to get this bloodstain off my skin. Christian laid on the couch and I stayed in my room. After showering I sat in the corner of my room and cried. I curled up in a ball and cried my eyes out. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. Before I knew it, it was 5 AM. I cried all night until I had no more tears left. Deep into my depressed state, my bedroom door opened.

"Babe?", Leo's voice called out.

I quickly got up, there he was, safe and sound, standing in front of me. I immediately started crying again.

"I'm sorry babe. Rose-cut herself. I was at the hospital with her", he says with a dead tired look on his face.

I didn't say a word, I just cried as I walked up to him.

"The police spoke to me outside. I cleared everything up, I'm sorry you had to see all that blood.. You must have been so worrying....", he says as I disrupt his sentence.

With tears streaming down my face I slap him.

"I thought! I thought something happened to you! I've never been so scared in my life. You can't do that!", I said yelling and crying.

Christian then headed inside.

"Leo, you can't go back to your apartment tonight, get some rest on the couch.", says Christian.

Leo had a blank expression on his face, he looked so tired, it looked like all his energy was drained and he was an empty shell. He then headed to the couch and immediately fell asleep.

"Oh my god! Oh my god, I slapped him! I didn't mean to slap him! What have i done? I have to go apologies", I say freaking out as I head outside to Leo.

"Josh!", yells Christian.

I immediately stopped. I've never heard Christian raise his voice before. I immediately calmed down.

"Calm down Josh, we'll sort this all out after we get some rest. The three of us need some rest", he says calmly.

"Thank you Christian", I nod as I headed to my bed.

"Let him rest for now. Can I sleep here with you? It's too late for me to head home", he asks.

"Yes of course", I reply to him.