Chapter 34 ~ Drunk in Love

~Character Images - Damian, Leo, Josh, Eric, and Candice~

"Should I relay a message to him?", asks Damian.

"No, it's fine. I'll come back when he returns", I say trying to walk out but he stops me.

"You think you're something special? I've heard all about you.", he says.

"Oh? Tell me more?", I ask.

"Brandon felt sorry for you so he took you in, you may think you're special to him but you're really not. He belongs to me, you may have some history with him but he belongs to me now", snarled Damian.

His smart-ass demeanor pissed me off.

"Stick your tongue back into your mouth, you'll probably need it for later and you seem to be mistaken. I didn't come to claim anyone", I say to him.

"Listen you little bitch..", he says as he raises his hand to hit me but someone grabbed his arm.

Out of nowhere, there he stood. Leo with an angry look on his face. His face was red and his eyes were deadly serious.

"Br... Brandon", he stutters.

"What the fuck are you doing Damian!?", he shouts.

"He was being rude to me! Owww! You are hurting me Brandy", he says.

Leo then loosened his grip and let go of Damian's hand.

"Are you okay Josh?", he asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine", I say.

"Apologize to him", he says turning to Damian.

"Why the fuck do I have to apologize to this slut?", he says.

"Apologize to Josh or get the fuck out of my office!", he says.

I could tell by his eyes how mad he was.

Damian then walked out of Leo's office, he walked slowly and turned back in hopes that Leo would chase after him when he realized Leo didn't follow him he hurried to the elevator in rage.

"I'm sorry...", I say as he stops me.

"Don't apologize. I know how Damian gets sometimes. I apologize on behalf of his idiocy.", he sighs.

"Oh. There was something I needed to speak to you about but maybe later?", I ask.

"Yes of course. I gotta sort some stuff out now.", he smiles.

"Very well sir. I'll talk to you soon", I smile.

"Okay babe", he replies nonchalantly.

My eyes then widened. Babe? Leo didn't seem phased or react to it. It likely the word just slipped out his mouth without realizing it. I brushed it off and left his office and headed back to the quiet room.

"Josh", calls out Candice.

"Hey Candice", I say.

"Are you okay? I heard yelling", she asks in a worried tone.

"Oh yes, everything's fine, just had a little issue with Damian.", I sigh.

"Don't worry about Damian. He clings onto Brandon and does everything to get his attention", she assures.

"Yeah. I realized. He's a piece of work", I say.

"Josh... I don't mean to sound rude but you shouldn't go after Brandon either. His heart only to belongs to one. He made it clear that no one will ever compare to that one person", she explains.

"Yes. I don't think I'm interested in my boss", I say lying.

"So how's it going with Stefan?", she asks.

"It's going great. His story is impressive", I smile.

"Good. Keep up the good work. He's in great hands. Make sure you both have lunch. Okay?", she warns.

"Yes ma'am", I salute.

The Quiet Room ~1:00 PM

"Stefan. Are you ready for lunch?", I ask.

"Yes. I'm starving", he says in relief.

"Oh no, I didn't mean to keep you waiting.", I apologize.

"Oh, it's okay. I was able to write 2 chapters while you were away so that's good progress.", he smiles.

We then proceed out of the building to a close cafe for lunch.

"You've helped me out a lot today Josh. Thank you for believing in my work.", he says.

"It's my job. You're an interesting guy Stefan. Your writing is superb", I say as we wait in line.

"Lunch is on me", he insisted.

"Oh no. It's fine, let me", I beg.

"Nope. It's on me", he said.

I eventually gave in seeing as I couldn't win. We both had hamburgers and fries and had a quiet lunch.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Stefan invited me for a drink and i went along with him. I could use a break from today. Bring it on alcohol!

~6:20 PM. Random Bar~

Stefan could hold his liquor quite well, we took tequila shot after shot. I was never much of a drinker so I could already feel myself getting wasted.

"Josh. I came up to look for you earlier. I asked Candice and she told me you were in the boss's office. I went to knock on the door when I heard the conversation you and the other guy were having. Are you dating Brandon?", he asks.

"Oh no! I'm not. We just have a history together. A really long story", I laugh drunk of my ass.

"You both would make a cute couple", he smirked.

"Me and Leo or me and Damian?", I ask with curiosity.

"You and Leo, I thought his name was Brandon?", he asks.

"Yeah, Brandon is his middle name. I call him Leo", I say.

"Seems like a tough situation.", he says.

"Oh you don't know the half of it", I say.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry", he apologizes.

"Oh no it's fine", I smile.

"I have a girlfriend. She's currently finishing her studies in law, it's her last exam soon", he smiles.

"Oh? That's amazing. I hope she does well", I say to him as we both shot tequila.

"This is our ninth shot. Time to stop?", he asks.

"Naw. The night is still young", I blabber.

"No. I think that's enough", a voice behind me says.

I turn around and see Leo and Eric standing behind us. Oh, universe. What are you going to do?...