Chapter 28 ~ The Ghost & the Boy

Monday 10th October: 7 AM - Eric's Castle

"Babe. Wake up. It's time for breakfast", he says while poking me.

I then woke up and yawned. I was still naked. I put my briefs on and headed downstairs to see Eric in the kitchen.

"Took you long enough", he teases.

"You made breakfast again?", I ask.

"Yes now and forever, eat up", he says while kissing my forehead.

How strange. I was usually the type to get up early and make you breakfast. This was nice. Very nice indeed. Made me blush.

"For breakfast today we have Pancakes, omelet, and a cup of freshly brewed coffee", he says in a British accent.

"Why do you even do that accent?", I ask laughing.

"Cause it's cute", he sulks.

"Yes it's adorable", I assure him.

"So we'll eat then shower then we'll head to my place so I can dress you", he says.

We ate our breakfast and smiled at each other. It was a peaceful quiet morning. Being out here made me so happy. I don't wanna leave but I have to. My new journey begins today.

"Let's go shower together. I'll wash your back", he says to me.

We then had a long hot shower with a lot of kissing and touching.

We got dressed and then headed out. I borrowed some of his clothes. It was small for me but it'll do until I arrive at his place. I waved my castle goodbye in hopes I see it again.

Monday 10th October 2016, 10:07 AM -Eric's Apartment.

"Bachelor pad", I say to him.

"Man cave", he replies.

His apartment was quite neat and organized.

"So many houses so what's with the man cave?", I ask.

"This apartment is close to yours so I stay here a lot", he explains.

We then headed to his wardrobe. Eric has a lot of shirts with an array of colors.

"Green is your color so how about a green shirt babe and black pants?", he says to me.

As he dressed me I felt like a child going to his first day of school.

"You look ravishing babe.", he blushes.

He even styled my hair.

I stand in front of the mirror in amazement. I look different. I look like a neat and organized guy just from my attire. A neat blue shirt, a black dress pants, a black belt on, he spiked my hair.

"Thank you so much Eric", I smile.

"Do your best today babe. I know you'll do great. I'll pick you up later. Call me when you're done?", he says as he holds my hand and leads me in his car.

"I will. Thank you strawberry", I say to him.

"Strawberry?", he asks.

"Oh .. Nevermind haha", I smile.

Eric drove me to work. It was 10:45 AM. He was awfully quiet the entire time.

"Here we are, Diamond Star Publishing Company", he says.

I kissed him and waved him goodbye as he drove off. I wonder if calling him strawberry made him upset? I used to call Leo that but there's no way he would know that. I stood in front of this tall building. Taking a deep breath as I walk in. I head straight to the lady at the counter.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Can I speak to Miss Candice?", I ask.

"Sure. Who may I say is calling?", she asks.

"Josh Trainor", I reply.

She then makes a call and tells me to sit down. I do as she says, I look around, there were so many people walking around, they were important looking. I second-guessed if I should be her or not.

I then saw a girl approach me.

"Mr. Josh. I'm Candice", she says as she extends her hand.

"Miss Candice", I replied while shaking her hand.

"Just Candice is fine", she smiles.

She asked me to follow her as she leads me to the elevator pressing floor 13.

"Your office will be on the 13th floor, that's also the floor of the editor. He's running late today so bear with me", she smiles.

"An office?", I ask.

"Yes sir. You'll be getting your own office.", she smiles.

The elevator opened. It looked like a usual office. Mostly paper and books were visible.

"We mostly use paper on this floor. With very few computers. This section is for the books of new writers. You'll be hired as a proofreader, you'll get clients and report to the editor on your opinion of the book", she explains.

She then leads me into an office.

"This will be your office. It'll be close to the editor's office. This position was given to you by the editor himself. He has high hopes for you Josh.", she explains.

It was strange. Why give me an important task like that to a noob? My office looked cool. There was a computer desk with a huge computer on it. The office was gray. I guess it was up to me to decorate it. This office was made for me. I couldn't wait to decorate it. It smelled so new and it smelt like fresh paper. Pencils were sharpened on the desk and a notebook stood there. Through the full glass window,  you can see the city. The rain was about to fall. This seemed so unreal. I got even more excited now.

Candice's phone then ran as she excused herself to answer it. I stood in the office and admired the decor and fresh smell.

"You can paint the office and decorate it the way you seek fit, the editor is here, let's go", she smiles.

As she leads me out of the room she heads to an office, she opened the door. The editor's office was huge. There were paintings of stars hanging on the wall, beautiful night skies, and a sight I knew all too well. It was an image of the Hill of the Stars.

The room then got colder as I noticed a guy standing staring out the window. My eyes then widened.

"Let me introduce the founder and editor of Diamond Star Publishing Company. Mr. Leo Brandon Atlas.", she says.