Chapter 23 ~ Dear Josh

"Dear Josh,

By the time you read this, I'll be gone. There's some stuff that I didn't tell you about.

When my parents died, custody of me went to my godparents who are my aunt and uncle. I was of age so legally, they didn't have to take care of me. Josh, I've only ever been with girls my whole life. You're my first boyfriend. My aunt found out about us and they cut all ties with me, calling me a disgrace to the family. When grandma died I got to see them again which brought up some unpleasant feelings. We got into a huge argument and I walked off, usually, my grandma would scold us both but this time she couldn't cause she's no longer here. My grandma always saved my life, both physically and emotionally. I don't think I can deal with her loss...

Josh, you've stuck by me through everything and you're always there by my side but ... I don't think you can save me from this. There's a lot of feelings running through my head right now and I can't seem to shake them. I'm sorry for leaving you like this but I choose the easy way out. All I do is hurt you. We've had some amazing times but I always screw it up. I don't think you deserve that. I don't deserve you, Josh. You deserve so much more than me, you deserve to be happy and smiling for the rest of your life. My one wish is that you move on and find the love and life you deserve. You deserve everything in this world Josh and one day something will give that to you. I love you so much and I can't risk ever hurting you again. I'm really sorry my love, I truly am.

Please give our friends my regards, tell them I'm sorry and I hope you all forgive me one day. I love you Josh and I'm so sorry.

~With Love, your Prince.

"I have to see him", I yell to Rose.

"That's impossible, the service tonight will be held at the home of his godparents. They know who you are Josh", she replies.

"I need to say goodbye to him. This seems like it isn't real.", I say to her.

Rose then walked up to me and hug me.

"His godparents are god awful people. They'd immediately kick you out. Your meeting place, where he took you and you danced, say your goodbyes there, he'll be watching", she winks.

"So you did follow us?", I ask.

She smiled and then walked off.

"This is a dream right?", I say to Christian.

Christian then had a frightened look on his face, for the first time ... he didn't know what to say to me.

This was too sudden, why would Leo do something like that? He wouldn't ... Would he? He won't leave me like this .... Right?

"What was the place she was talking about Josh?", Christian asks

"The Hill of the Stars, it's me and Leo's favorite place... Will you take me there?", I ask.

"Yea of course", he replies.

I said goodbye to my friends who all had a shocked look on their faces.

It was 6:45 PM and the sun was beginning to set, we make our way through the forest.

"This place is shady", says Christian.

"You'll change your mind soon", as I led him past the trees into the Hill of the Stars.

"Wow! What is this place!", Christian says in awe.

"A truly beautiful place.. Would you mind waiting here?", I say to Christian.

He nods as I walk off. I went to our rock and sat down as Christian waited.

"What am I even doing here? I'll never forgive you, Leo... I ... This is dumb", I say as I get up.

"Christian take me home", I say to him.

"That was fast, were you able to say your goodbyes?", he asks.

"No.. I can't do this right now. I'm too tired. I wanna sleep", I say to Christian.

"Josh, you've cried a lot for the past month. It's okay to cry", he says to me.

"This isn't real. I'll wake up any minute now.", I reply.

"Why don't I stay the night?", he says.

"Oh no. It's fine. Matthew will be worried. I'll be fine on my own. I just need some rest", I say to him.

"We all planned this amazing night for you, you should let us take you out for your birthday Josh", he says to me.

"I need some rest..", I beg.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to be alone right now.. ", he responds.

I ignored him and kept walking. I just go home, I just need to go to my apartment as quickly as I can. As we arrive at my apartment building, Christian slowly departed, walking in baby steps hoping I'd change my mind but I didn't...

"Josh why can't you cry?", says my conscience.

Well conscience, this is just a prank. I'm expecting to go up to my apartment and see Leo waiting there, telling me this was all a prank.

I hurried up the stairs and headed to my apartment. There I see a guy in front of my door holding a bouquet of roses.

"Are you Josh?", he asks.

"Yes... I'm Josh", I reply.

"I have a delivery for you from a Leo Atlas", he responds.

I immediately take the bouquet, attached to it was a card.

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY KING!!!! I can't wait to spend forever with you. I'm so glad you chose me and I'll never leave your side, Josh, I love you so much! : from the love of your life, Leo, to the love of my life, Josh.

A tear then streamed down my cheek.

"Dude. Are you okay?", asks the guy.

"Oh, yea. I'm fine. When was the order made?", I asked.

"Last week Friday", he responds as another tear roll down.

I gulp as I open the door to my apartment. I was expecting Leo to jump out and kiss me but he didn't. I walked around my apartment but there was no one here.

"Leo? Where are you? Babe, please come out", I say out loud.

I rummage through my bedroom looking.

"Leo? Come out. This isn't funny. Please come to me? Please? I need you ... Please come... Please", I yell as I break down crying.

I fall to my knees sobbing and screaming. This wasn't a dream... This wasn't a dream. He's gone ... Leo... My baby's ... gone ...